If you are a DJ, musician, or podcaster, the sound quality of your microphone and speakers is key. For an optimal listening experience, it’s important that you can adjust the levels with ease. In this post, we will introduce 5 USB sound mixers that deliver outstanding performance in both music and podcast applications.
Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Compact 12-Channel PA Mixer with USB and FX
If you want to record your podcasts or videos with legendary Soundcraft sound, the Notepad-12FX is just what you need. It combines professional analog components and renowned HARMAN digital signal processing for high-quality music production. Plus it features a built in USB audio interface so that edits can be made quickly on Mac or PC software!
- A compact 12-channel mixer that’s great for mixing onstage or recording in your home studio
- Channels 1 and 3 include a hi-Z instrument-level input for running guitar or bass direct
- Line-level inputs on 4 additional channels accommodate keyboards, playback devices, and consumer music gear
- Onboard Lexicon digital effects include delay, chorus, and reverb
- USB provides 4-in/4-out connectivity for recording and audio streaming
- Outputs include flexible monitoring options and balanced XLR main outs
Mackie ONYX8 8 Channel Premium Mixer Multitrack USB
The Mackie Onyx8 is perfect for both live sound and recording, with its multitrack capabilities. It has 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution as well as 4 high gain preamps to ensure that you will get the best quality sounds no matter what your needs are. In addition, it’s small enough to be easily transported which makes it ideal for taking on a road trip or using at home!
- Ultra-clean, low-noise performance
- Full multitrack recording via USB at up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz quality
- Record a stereo mix direct to an SD card plus playback music files
- Professional, customizable built-in effects
- Onyx Studio Command – Full-color display makes FX control and SD card management easy
- Stream music directly into a channel via Bluetooth
Behringer Q1202USB PA Mixer 12 Channel
Q Series USB mixers are the first of their kind to include built-in USB/audio interfaces, “one-knob” mono channel compressors, and all the recording studio software you need for high performance. These features make it easy to handle your live gigs while providing state of the art tools that can be used in making stunning recordings. Q series also integrates with new ULM Series microphones which makes them a great choice as wireless mics on stage or even during home podcasts.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Main mix outputs plus separate control room, phones and 2-Track outputs
- 2-Track inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
AVE Strike-FX12 PA Mixer with FX and USB 12 Channel
The AVE Strike FX12 is a professional un-powered PA mixer with 8 microphone / mono line channels, an on-board DSP fx processor, and a USB player. This would be ideal for smaller groups or venues looking to upgrade their sound system without breaking the bank. It has easy controls that are great even in the hands of beginners as long they have good audio equipment.
- 12 x Microphone / line inputs
- Independent USB player with the dedicated channel fader
- Smooth linear fader response
- Balanced XLR and Jack Outputs
- 3 Band parametric EQ on each channel
- AUX send/return for external FX processors
Yamaha Mixer AG06 6 Channel Mixer with USB Audio Interface
The AG06 Yamaha Mixer with 6 channels is an optimal audio solution for musicians and podcasting. It has high-end D-PRE mic preamps, 192kHz / 24bit sound capability, in a compact design that limits sacrificing of quality. Perfectly suited to those who want to compose, record, and mix music without making compromises on the setup or equipment used!
- USB mixer and audio interface for webcasting, gaming, and music production
- Built-in DSP for EQ, compression, filtering, and reverb
- Loopback mode combines all inputs and playback channels for easy internet streaming
- Outstanding audio quality, with D-PRE mic preamps and 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Ready for your microphone, guitar, keyboard, and even your gaming headset
- Includes Cubase Al downloadable version.