Mac is an excellent computer. But after several years of operation, you may notice its productive capacity insufficiency. In this case, it is not necessary to buy a new one. You can modernize the machine, saving a significant amount of money. This article represents five methods to speed up any Mac if it’s running slow. After these operations, users can detect substantial velocity magnification and system responsiveness.
Update the system.
Maintenance all the programs and supervisor up to date will give certain confidence that your system is safe and works 100% of its capabilities. Often, after upgrading the software, it’s efficiency increases. Maintaining the system in an updated and safe state can also prevent your computer from slowing down due to malicious files:
- Click on the Apple menu and select Update Programs. The program will perform a search on the Internet for available updates for installed programs and the operating system itself;
- Install the desired updates. Basically, it is recommended to install all available updates so that you have all the latest security changes and fixes;
- You can check for updates installed programs from the App Store simply by detecting the App Store and adoption the Updates tab. OS X Mountain Lion and later operating systems include updates to the App Store within the basic program Update Programs. In older versions of OS X, you will have to renovate the App Store annex using the interface of this store.
Because of the Dashboard and widgets’ applying, they consume some of your system’s storage. Widgets are mini-programs that permanently act within the background. Because of this, they are the source of a small, but the constant outflow of your system’s resources.
- If you are using OS X 10.5 or earlier version, you can start the Widget Manager from the Dashboard. Click the (+) icon in the Dashboard to open the widget browser. Select the Widgets icon on the left side of the icon line. Within this list, uncheck those widgets that you do not want to use.
- If you are using OS X 10.4, you will have to delete widgets manually. Open Finder and click on the Go to the menu. Select Home Folder from the drop-down list. Open the Libraries folder and then locate the Widgets folder. Pull over the widgets you want to delete to the Trash.
- If you do not use widgets at all, you can deactivate the entire Dashboard. Select the Applications folder, continue with the Utility folder. Fetch Terminal. Then you need to execute the following commands:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -boolean YES
In order to retrieve the Dashboard, enter the same commands, but change “YES” to “NO”.
Use system cleanup.
There are a lot of paid and free utilities to optimize the system. These programs optimize your appliance and remove aged out-of-use data sets. CleanMyMac is considered to be priority program. At the first start, this program meets the user with a nice interface, with quality graphics and smooth animation. The management of the application is quite simple, because of the hints and explanations. The first, the easiest and safest point is Auto-cleaning: press the Scan button and wait for a few minutes until the program finds all the absolutely unnecessary trash that you can safely remove.
Limit the number of simultaneously opened tabs.
Correlation between the number of running web pages and the performance and autonomy of the Mac may seem unobvious, but there is a dependency. In particular, if you open 100 tabs, in addition to reduced productivity, this will affect the autonomy: the MacBook will operate 1 hour less. The xTab dilation for Google Chrome permits you to restrict the maximum dates of contemporaneously opened tabs.
Release the main memory.
If you work with a large number of programs and files for a long time, sooner or later, the computer speed decreases noticeably. The fact is that in the memory remain fragments of the code of programs with which you’ve interacted before. OS X, in turn, begins to increase the paging file, which is stored on the drive. RAM is faster than SSD and hard disk, so in order to save productive capacity; you should clean up your computer’s RAM. To do this in automatic mode, you can use the free utility Memory Clean.
If you need more info – read this article https://macpaw.com/