Have you ever wondered what types of problems plumbers tend to face when they are working on family homes? Below, you will find a list of the most common issues that tend to crop up time and again.
- Faucet Leaks – If you have a leaky faucet, you know that it’s not just annoying, but it could be wasting a lot of water over the course of a day.
- Joint Leaks – The leak might not be in the faucet but could be in the joints under the sink. These types of leaks will not only waste your water, but they could also damage to the inside of the cabinets or the flooring.
- Burst Pipe – A burst pipe is more serious than a leak because it can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time. This is a problem that can’t be ignored.
- Clogged Garbage Disposals – If you aren’t careful what you put down the garbage disposal, it will become clogged. Plumbers often remove grease and fat that has been poured down the disposal and hardened.
- Clogged Kitchen Drains – Similar to the garbage disposal, the kitchen drains are often subject to grease, fat, and pieces of food that should have done into the disposal. These can cause clogs that are hard to remove on your own.
- Clogged Toilets – Plumbers are often called to help with clogged toilets, as well. Those who have kids in the family probably know that there are often lost toys that end up getting flushed by curious little ones. These can cause some problematic clogs.
- Clogged Shower Drains – The shower drains are subject to hair and soap, which can combine to clog the drain after a while. These drains can be difficult to unclog.
- Constantly Running Toilet – Plumbers also have to fix the flap and other elements in the toilet tank to help keep it from running and wasting water.
- Water Heater Problems – If you have a leaking hot water system or one that doesn’t work properly, you will need to have it repaired or replaced. Plumbers find that this is one of the most common types of calls they receive.
- Sewer Backups – Sewer backups are a disgusting but common problem. It means that there is a problem with the sewer line, such as a blockage. Only a plumber can take care of this sort of problem.
Those who have plumbing issues such as those noted above should always make it a point to contact a professional plumber right away.