The Action Cannot be Completed : How to Fix the Issue
The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program on Windows 10. A user asked me in the comment section that when he is attempting to delete a folder
If you are also facing this predicament, hereabouts are some quick functioning fixes for this problem.
The Action Cannot Be Completed Because The File Is Open In Another Program
Solution 1 – The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program
- Tap Window key + R to start run.
- Write resmon.exe in it and Tap OK.
- Promptly, Click on the CPU tab.
- Tap on Associated Handles.
- Now, locate the folder name or file name in the search handles box.
- Right-tap on the process from the list and choose end process. (Note that path of the folder is visible below Handle name)
Now, Go ahead and try again. You will face completely no problem.
Solution 2 – Restart Windows Explorer
- Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on the keyboard to Open task manager.
- Search Windows explorer, right tap on it and Select Restart.
Solution 3 – Disable Controlled folder access
- Press Windows key + S key together from the keyboard and search windows security.
- Tap on Windows security from the search result.
- Tap on Virus & Threat protection.
- Tap on manage settings under Virus & Threat protection frameworks.
- Tap on manage controlled folder access below controlled folder access.
- Switch off Controlled folder access.
Solution 4 – Disable Preview Pane
- If by nevertheless, you have enabled preview pane, incapacitate it and try again.
- Just Press Alt+P together to hinder it if it is enabled. Alternatively, you can tick on View and then click on Preview pane to disable it.
Solution 5 – Optimize the Drive in Which you created the Folder
- Right-click on the drive in which you formulated the Folder.
- Get Properties.
- Tap on Tools Tab.
These above solutions would definitely help you in getting the desired effect.