Stereo Mix Windows 10 : How to Enable it
Stereo Mix is a computer tool that permits the user for recording the output stream of a system like speaker outputs, broadcasting radio, live streaming audios, and system sounds.
Although Stereo mix is the default for some sound cards, the major portion of Windows 10 users do not have it by default because it is disabled on the system.
If you wish to enable Stereo Mix on the computer, try these easy given steps.
Method-1 Enabling Stereo Mix from Sounds-
Having Stereo Mix on the computer by default, then you may easily enable it by going for the following steps.
- Press Windows key+R for the opening Run window.
- Open the Sounds utility by typing “Sounds” and hit on “OK “.
- When the Sounds window appears on the computer screen, go to the “Recording” tab.
- Right-click on a space to check the option “Show Disabled Devices “in the Recording tab.
- Check ‘Stereo Mix ‘will now be visible in the list of the drivers.
- Right-click on “Stereo Mix” to tap on “Enable “. Stereo Mix will now be enabled on the system to get green beside the ‘Stereo Mix’ option.
- You are required to tap on “Apply” and tap “OK” for saving the changes.
You may congratulate yourself as you have successfully got the Stereo Mix working on the computer.
Method-2 Downloading and installing Stereo Mix driver-
When there is no Stereo Mix driver on the computer, then you can download and install the driver.
- Right-click on the Windows icon to tap on “System “.
- Check the ‘Device specifications ‘on your computer.
- Note down the ‘System Type ‘. If it is “64-bit” or “32-bit “.
- Go to the Realtek website to download the codec.
- Scroll down to tap on the download icon beside the codec according to the system type (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Check for the option “I accept to the above “.
- Enter your email address.
- Tap on “Download this file” to start the download process.
- Choose the desired location to download the codec package.
- Tap on “Save” to save it. Close browser window.
- Click Windows key+E to open the File Explorer window.
- Go to the location to save the downloaded Package. Double-click on it to save the Package.
- Tap “Next” to initialize installation process.
- After the installation is over, click on “Finish “.
- Tap Windows key+R to open Run window.
- In the Run window, type “mmsys.cpl” to hit Enter. It opens the sounds utility.
- Go to the “Recording” tab in the Sounds window.
- Right-click on a space to check “Show Disabled Devices “. ‘Stereo Mix ‘will be visible in the list of the drivers.
- Right-click on “Stereo Mix” to tap on “Enable “for enabling Stereo Mix on the computer. Get a green sign beside the ‘Stereo Mix’ option.
- Tap on “Apply” to press “OK” to save changes.
That’s it! You have successfully enabled the Stereo Mix on your computer. The whole procedure will easily enable Stereo Mix on the Windows 10 computer.