Skype Not Opening : How to Resolve it in Windows 10 PC
Skype not opening on Windows 10 PC is recently has been reported by Windows 10 users. They complain about a mysterious problem on Skype they observe after getting the modern update on their computers.
According to some users, Skype is not opening on a particular user’s workstations. If you are observing a related sort of phenomenon opening Skype, obey these fixes. But before proceeding to the leading solutions, don’t overlook to go for these workarounds first.
Initial Workarounds for Resolving – Skype Not Opening–
- Reboot the computer to [launch Skype.
- If you are using any McAfee software or ArcSoft Webcam Suite or Trustee Rapport software, uninstall the computer’s software.
- Press Windows Key+R to launch Run window. Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter. Program and Features window will preponderate.
- Scroll down and double-tap on “McAfee “, “ArcSoft Webcam” and “Trustee Rapport” one-by-one to uninstall them sequentially from the computer.
- After uninstalling the software, reboot the computer.
- Verify if either Windows Update is pending or not.
If any of these workarounds didn’t run, try these solutions-
Fix-1 Launch Skype from Microsoft Store-
- Tap on the Search box to type “Store“.
- Tap on “Microsoft Store” to open Store it on the computer.
- In Microsoft Store window, tap on the Search box at the top and write “Skype“.
- Tap on “Skype” from the drop-down quest outcome.
- You will get a message stating “This product is installed.”
- Tap on “Launch” to launch Skype on the computer.
The process must start Skype on the computer. If it doesn’t, go for the following fixes.
Fix-2 Uninstall and Re-install Skype-
Uninstalling and re-installing Skype from the computer will resolve the difficulty with Skype.
- By merely pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc together, you can access the Task Manager window.
- Scroll down and right-tap on “Skype” from the running processes, and tap on “End Task” to end the process.
- Hold Windows key+I to open the Settings window.
- Tap on “Apps” to open Apps settings.
- On the left-hand side, tap on “Apps & features” in the Apps settings window.
- Scroll down and type “Skype” in the Search box on the Settings window’s right-hand side.
- Tap on “Skype” which will appear in the search result, and then click on “Uninstall “.
- When It uninstalls a tab with ‘This app and its related info. ‘message will appear, click on “Uninstall” to initialize the uninstallation process.
- By tapping the Windows key along with the ‘R ‘key to launch Run window. Type or copy-paste “%appdata%” in Run window to hit Enter.
- Scroll down to find the “Skype” folder.
- Right-click on the “Skype” folder and tap on “Delete” to delete the folder.
- Navigate to this location in File Explorer.
- Program Files (x86)
- Look for the “Skype” folder.
- Right-tap on the “Skype” folder and click on “Delete” to delete the folder from the computer.
- Once deleted from the folder, close the File Explorer window.
- At first, tap on the Search box and type “regedit “. Then, click on “Registry Editor” in the high search result.
- When Registry Editor window opens up, click on “File” on the menu bar and tap on “Export” to backup of the registry.
- Tap on “Edit” on the menu bar to click on “Find “.
- Type “Skype” in the search box of ‘Find what: ‘ tap on “Find Next “.
- Right-click on the key to appearing as the search result, to tap on “Delete” to delete the key from your computer.
- Repeat above three steps to find and delete all the registry keys associated with the Skype application and close Registry Editor.
- Download & install the latest version of Skype.
When you have finished downloading Skype, initiate the setup file to follow the on-screen instructions to install Skype. Once installed Skype, reboot the computer. Try to launch Skype After rebooting. It should work just fine.
Fix-3 Run Skype in compatibility mode-
Running Skype in compatibility mode may solve the issue.
- Right-tap on the “Skype” icon on the desktop to click on “Properties“.
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab in the Properties window.
- First check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select “Windows 8” from the drop-down list below.
- Press “Apply” and “OK” to save changes.
Try to launch Skype on the computer. Check whether the error is happening or not.
Fix-4 Install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N-
This solution is for the Windows 10 N series users only. If you are facing this fault on a system running Windows 10 N series, you require to install the media feature pack.
- Download the latest Media Feature Pack on the computer.
- Choose the newest media feature pack from the drop-down list, under the Downloads section.
- Tap on “Confirm” to confirm the package selection.
- Pick the package version according to CPU-architecture to start the downloading method. Install it on your computer once you have downloaded the package.
Reboot the computer to get the changes to take effect. Skype should launch without any further issues.