Restart Print Spooler is a service in Windows 10 that keeps the print jobs rolling while managing your printer’s interactions. This can stop functioning at times, even after trying to restart your printer or your system.
Nevertheless, there can be difficulties with the printer itself or any connection issues. But, once you know itís not any of these issues, it has to be a problem with the Print Spooler on Windows 10. This points to issues like your paper getting stuck in the queue while the printing job is on. The gravest is, if you try to cancel the task, it gets stuck perpetually.
Here are two simple methods to begin, stop, or restart Print Spooler in Windows 10.
Method 1: How to Start, Stop or Restart Print Spooler in Windows 10 Thru Services
- Press on the Windows icons, type Services in the search box, and tap on the outcome.
- In the Services window, move to the pane’s right side, scroll down, and locate Print Spooler from the list. While you single-click on it, on the left-hand-side pane, you will notice the description.
- You may likewise double-click on the Print Spooler option to Start the setting. Under the General tab, move to the Service state option, and tap on the Start button to begin the Print Spooler. Hold OK to save the changes.
- To restart the setting, click on Restart the option on the left side of the pane. Right-click on the Print Spooler option from the list on the right, and click on Restart from the context menu.
- If the service was running, you could hold the service by clicking the Stop button on the pane’s left side, or right-click on the Print Spooler alternative and pick Stop from the context menu.
- You can also double-click on the Print Spooler choice and under the General tab, tap on the Stop button to finish the service.
So, this is whereby you can start the service. Examine the printer; it should be operating fine now. And, you can also track the steps to Stop or Restart the assistance.
Method 2: How to Start, Stop or Restart Print Spooler in Windows 10 by Task Manager
- Right-click on the Taskbar and tap on Task Manager from the menu.
- In the Task Manager window, tap on the Services tab and scroll below to check for Spooler. Check its status if its Running or not. It shows Stopped here.
- Right-click on Spooler and click on Start.
- When it confers Running status, right-click on it again and tap on Restart to restart the Print Spooler service.
- To stop the service, right-click on Spooler and click on Stop to discontinue the service.
Thatís about it! Thatís how you can Start, Stop, or Restart the Print Spooler service using Task Manager