Whether you’re trying to fast record note, an interview, or a song idea, a voice recording app on your iPhone can be helpful.
While Apple’s App Store is loaded with third-party apps that can do that for you, Apple’s built-in Voice Memos app is straightforward to operate, given there’s no condition to downloading anything — it’s free, too.
Once you’re concluded recording your voice note, you can also effortlessly share it and edit the recording if necessary. Below, we’ll guide you through just how to do so.
Recording Voice On An iPhone
- First, open the Voice Memos app, which is represented by an audio graph icon on your phone. You’ll likely find it either in the iPhone’s Extras or Utility folder, or you can search for it in your App Library.
- Once you’re ready to start recording, click on the large red button toward the bottom. Your iPhone will now begin recording your Voice using its built-in microphone.
- When you’re finished, tap that red button (that should now look like a square) again to stop the recording. The app will automatically save it.
- To listen to the recording, select the play icon represented by a white triangle (or a black triangle if you’re not using dark mode).
- The Voice Memo app also has some extra useful features you may want to explore. For instance, you can rename the recording, add to it, or share the file.
Renaming The Recorded File
- Click on the old file name to make it editable, and then type in the new name.
- To rename the recording, click on the name of the recording you are currently playing, making it editable so you can type in a new name.
- After typing in the name, click Return (or Enter) on your on-screen phone keyboard to save it.
Adding To Audio Recording
- Click on the three lines to the right of the recording.
- To add to the recording, you’re currently listening to, tap the three blue dots to the right of the recording’s name.
- Select Edit Recording.
- Make sure to scroll to the end of the recording and then tap on Resume. If you don’t want to add something to the end, you can also scroll elsewhere — like the beginning or middle if you wish.
- When you’re finished, hit the pause icon represented by two bars, and tap on Done.
Sharing The Recording
- To share the recording of voice notes, once again, tap on the three blue dots to the right of it and tap on Share.
- You’ll be presented with several app options. If you want to email it via a Gmail address, click on the Gmail icon, type in the email address, and send.
You’re all done… VOILA! You can effortlessly and fast record your Voice, edit it if necessary, and then share it with the rest of the world.