Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue: Solutions for WIndows 10
Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue a conflict between Windows and NVIDIA Graphics Cards is not new during NVIDIA Graphics card installation. If you notice the error “NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue” glitch in Windows 10, don’t be startled.
This mistake is something several people get while installation of various models of NVIDIA Graphics Card. Fortunately, there are resolutions possible for this problem. You may be capable of solving this issue within a couple of steps, or it may take several steps.
Here Are The Approaches to Fix “NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue” Error
#1 – Update NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver Manually
To upgrade NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver Manually to fix the NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue fault, first of all, you will require to download the most advanced compatible driver for your graphics card on your network. To do so, continue to the NVIDIA – Download Drivers webpage. There, you will require to implement the following knowledge about your graphics card along with the Operating System established on your computer: Goods Type, Product Series, and Product. Once downloaded, obey these steps:
- Step 1: Hold Windows + X keys at the moment on your keyboard, then a file will appear. From the list, double tick on the Device Manager option.
- Step 2: In Device Manager, tick on the Display adapters option to enlarge it. Right-tap on the NVIDIA Graphics Card choice from the expanded list and then click on Update driver option.
- Step 3: From the Update Drivers window that appears, click on Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Step 4: Now, you will notice an option to browse and ready the NVIDIA driver from your PC. Browse and choose the driver you just downloaded from the NVIDIA Driver webpage. Click Next and follow on-screen instructions to complete the NVIDIA Driver installation.
- Step 5: Restart your machine and try to connect NVIDIA Graphics Card on your PC.
#2 – Update NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver
If none of the above stated primary methods worked for you, then refreshing your NVIDIA driver will common probably fix NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue error in Windows 10. To renew NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver, follow the measures given under:
- Step 1: Hold Windows + X keys concurrently, and then from the table that appears, tap on Device Manager. Alternatively, you can tick on the Start button, and write “Device Manager” in the Start search bar. Tick on Device Manager result that appears. This will start the Device Manager tool.
- Step 2: Look for Display adapters option, then click on it to expand its possibilities. Among the grown items, view for NVIDIA Graphics card option. Right-click on it, and picked Uninstall Device Driver Software option from the context menu.
- Step 3: – Restart Your Computer. Once you restart your PC, Open Device Manager again. Expand Display Adapters.
- Step 4: – Right Tap and Update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 driver.
- Step 5: Now, a new Update Drivers pane will open. In the window, click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Step 6: Observe the installation instructions that will come on the screen to get your NVIDIA Graphics Card driver updated.
- Step 7: Once the installation of the driver is complete, restart your computer. After restarting, try to Install NVIDIA Graphics Card and see if the same error shows up.
It may sometimes happen that Windows will not be able to locate for updated NVIDIA Graphics Card driver. In such a case, you can manually refresh the driver. We consider that in the next process.
#3 – Enable NVIDIA Graphics Card
There are variations that NVIDIA Graphics Card driver might be disabled. To correct the issue, move to Device Manager and view if the NVIDIA driver is disabled. If yes, Allow it. Here are the measures to Allow NVIDIA Graphics Card driver:
- Step 1: Press Windows + X keys. In the menu that appears, see for Device Manager and tap on it.
- Step 2: View for Display adapters; tick on it to expand it. In the expanded list, see for NVIDIA Graphics Card driver. Right-tap on it, and check if Enable option is ready in the right-click menu. If yes, that implies NVIDIA Graphics Driver is disabled. Tap on Enable.
- Step 3: Restart the PC.
- Step 4: Attempt to install NVIDIA Graphics Card and comprehend if the NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue issue in Windows 10 still presents up.
#4 – Kill All NVIDIA Processes
This method to solve NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue issue has been reported to solve numerous instances. End all the NVIDIA process from Tash Manager, then try to re-run the installation. Here’s how to kill all NVIDIA process to Fix NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue error in Windows 10, step by step:
- Step 1: Tap Start menu, and in the search bar of the Start menu, write Taskmgr. Tap on the Task Manager that determined in the search result.
- Step 2: Look for NVIDIA methods in the Processes tab. When found, right-tap on each of them, then tap the End Task option. This will stop all the ongoing NVIDIA methods.
- Step 3: Now, try to re-run the graphics card’s installation and see if the error still shows up.
#5 – Rename Your NVIDIA Graphics Card Folder
To correct Windows 10 Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue issue, seldom renaming the NVIDIA Folder in Program Files folder can assist. This is not a very simple resolution but has operated for a handful of users, so it’s worth a chance. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Continue to the drive wherever Windows is installed. Typically, it is installed in C Drive.
- Step 2: In that drive, scan for Program Files folder and initiate it.
- Step 3: If in Program Files, locate the NVIDIA folder. For better reference, name it something closely linked to the graphics card or NVIDIA; it’s your selection.
- Step 5: Decide to Install NVIDIA Graphics Card on your machine again.
#6 – Disable Antivirus
It has been announced that Antivirus software can sometimes hinder the induction of NVIDIA graphics card on your computer. Although this is not the problem, one must analyse to disable any running Antivirus or Malware when they get NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue error.
First, proceed to the System Tray of your PC. There, you will get the antivirus or malware running on your PC. You can incapacitate the running antivirus from there. To ensure, you can End Process of running Antivirus services on your PC. Here are the measures:
- Step 1: Initiate the Start menu and type Taskmgr. From the search result, tick on the Task Manager option.
- Step 2: Proceed to the Processes tab and watch for the running services of the Antivirus. Choose the Service and tick on End Process button. If you have various Antivirus or Malware installed on your PC, copy the process for all of them.
- Step 3: Restart the PC. Attempt to install your NVIDIA graphics card repeatedly.
- If this doesn’t operate for you, follow the subsequent step.
There are several users of NVIDIA Graphics Card all round the world. The NVIDIA Installer Cannnot Continue error in Windows 10 is a widespread issue that people habitually report online. While most of the times the problem is resolved quickly, it may take big time and effort in unusual cases. If you are still having similar trouble, maybe you should contact your PC manufacturer’s customer support to get them to view into the problem.