No Sound on Laptop issues are widespread in the Windows. There can be many reasons for non-working sounds in windows like faulty drivers, hardware issues or sometimes windows error.
The sound is an essential factor for a segment of users. Almost every laptop users use laptop speakers daily; therefore, when the sound problem happens in laptop users, it is very frustrating and time-consuming.
Let’s use the following methods to resolve no sound issue on the laptop.
Method 1 – Tap on Taskbar and Check the Sound source
- Click on the Volume icon on taskbar in the extreme right.
- If there is an inverted v sign to expand, as shown below, click on it.
- Click on another speaker to select it, responsible for volume on your PC.
- If there are more than two options, try to select the option that works for the system.
Method 2 – Enabling Playback Devices
Sometimes the speaker may get disabled from playback devices from the Control Panel. To enable it, you must try to change it in control panel settings and follow these steps.
- Start by opening the Run box and tapping Windows and R keys simultaneously. Write control in the text box and click Enter.
- Tap on Sound. A new window will pop-up, to see audio playback devices list if you cannot see anything right click and tap on show disabled devices.
- Right Click on the disabled device to select Enable.
- Tap, OK.
- Select the device to tap on Set Default. When there is no sound output still available, try to follow steps:-
- Right Click the audio device to select properties.
- Get on to the Enhancements tab to uncheck the enhancements and tap OK.
Method 3 – Reinstall Audio Driver
When there is a faulty Audio driver, it may be a reason for no sound problem. Reinstall audio driver to fix wrong drivers. Follow the steps to achieve the goal:-
- Tap Windows and X keys simultaneously and select Device Manager.
- Open Sound, Video and game controllers. Right-click on an audio device to select Uninstall Device option.
- Tap Uninstall to confirm and Reboot the computer, which will automatically install it again on the PC.
Method 4 – Troubleshoot
Windows Troubleshoot can search and fix many common problems. Follow the steps to fix no sound issue by Windows Troubleshooter.
- Tap on Windows, and I simultaneously to open settings.
- Tap Update and Security.
- Press Troubleshoot from the left pane menu.
- Search all the common errors here, tap on Playing Audio and click on Run the Troubleshooter.
- Troubleshoot will look for the error, and according to the error, it will give you a suggestion to change some settings. It will resolve your no sound issue.
Method 5 – Check if Audio has been enabled in BIOS or not
- Boot into BIOS of the PC.
- Check whether the Onboard HD audio is disabled in BIOS. If it is disabled, enable it.
Hope these methods are useful and will help you get sound back on to the laptop.