Network computers not showing up in Windows 10. Some Windows 10 users complain about a problem related to not discovering their computers on the same Network.
If user can’t discover the computers on Network, user can attempt these fixes. Before going for the fixes, user should try initial workarounds to solve problem with minimal effort.
Fix-1 Change Startup type of FDRS
- Press Windows key and ‘S ‘key. This will open the Search box—type “services” in that.
- Tap on the “Services “.
- Scroll down to find “Function Discovery Resource Publication” and double tap on it.
- In the Properties window, tap on the drop-down “Startup type:” and choose “Automatic (Delayed Start)” and click on “Apply” and “OK “.
- Close the Services window and reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer check if you can discover the computers on your Network.
Fix-2 Change Private Network profile
- Tap Windows key +R to launch Run, and copy and paste “control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter” and hit Enter.
- “Change Advanced sharing “. It will open the Advanced sharing settings window.
- Now, in this window, click on “Turn on network discovery” and then click on “Turn on file and printer sharing “.
- After this, click on “Save changes.
Close the Control panel window, and restart your computer.
Fix-3 Change the settings of All network profile-
- Tap Windows key +R for opening Run.
- Copy-paste command in Run and hit Enter key.
control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter /page Advanced
- Tap on “All Networks ” In the Advanced Sharing settings window
- Tap on “Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders “.
- Try to pot for “Turn off password protected sharing ” in Password Protected sharing option.
- Finally, tap on “Save Changes “.
Close Advanced Sharing settings window. Restart computer. Check whether you can discover computers on your Network.
Fix-4 Switch on Network discovery with Command Pr ompt-
- Open Run window for tapping the “Windows key+R” simultaneously.
- Write “cmd” in the Run terminal to click on “OK “.
- Copy and paste command in Command Prompt window to press Enter.
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=” Network Discovery” new enable=Yes
- Discover the computer on the Network.
Fix-5 Join a network from System Properties-
- Tap Windows Key+R to launch Run, and copy-paste this command and hit Enter to open system Properties window.
- sysdm.cpl SystemProperties
- Choose “Computer Name” to tap on “Network ID… “.
- Choose “This computer is part of a business network: I use it to connect to another computer at work” to tap on “Next “.
- Now, enter the Workgroup’s name in the box beside the “WORKGROUP: “. Press “Next” to complete the procedure. Restart computer to discover the computer on Network.
Fix-6 Resetting the Network on the computer-
- Tap Windows Key+I to open the Settings window, on your computer. Click on “Network and Internet “.
- Press “Network reset “.
Restart the computer to check whether it can discover the computers on your Network or not.
Fix-7 Reset the Network from Command Prompt-
- You have to press the ‘Windows key ‘. Now, type “cmd “.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” which has appeared in the search results, and tap on “Run as administrator “.
- Open Command Prompt window, type or copy-paste commands and tap Enter after copy-pasting each of them.
- netsh int ip reset reset.tx
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh advfirewall reset
Netsh Int Ip Reset
- Don’t forget to reboot computer and after rebooting, user should be able to discover the computers on your Network.