Middle Mouse Button not Working : How to Fix it
Middle Mouse Button not Working within Windows 10 is a big concern as we know that the middle button was a helpful addition to mice and has been there for quite a while.
The mouse’s middle button is related to scroll the mouse indicator, and a single tap on the same could be customised for functions like initiating new tabs, etc. However, many users have informed that the middle button in the mouse stops running suddenly.
The Middle Mouse Button not Working issue is ordinarily with the system more than the mouse itself. We are isolating whether the problem is with the mouse hardware or network.
Try plugging the Mouse to a various system and verify if it works with the other system or not. Also, Try Blowing the Middle wheel area of Mouse and recognise if it helps. It does, we understand that the problem is with our system.
Solution 1 – Reinstall Mouse Drivers
- Locate Device Manager in Windows 10 Taskbar Search
- Click on Device Manager to Open Device Manager.
- Tap to Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices
- Right Click on the Mouse Driver and Click on Uninstall.
- Restart Your Computer.
Solution 2 – Registry level fix
- Tap Win + R to run the Run window and type the command regedit. Tap to Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Locate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- On the right-pane, double-click on the entry WheelScrollLines to open its properties.
- Change the value of Value Data to 3 and tap on OK to save the settings.
- Get out of the Registry Editor to restart the system.
Solution 3 – Set mouse settings to default
The issue would have been caused if you mishandled up with the perspectives of the mouse. You could set the settings following to default to separate this possibility. The system to do so is as follows:
- Click on the Start button and then the gear-like symbol to open the Settings page.
- Go to Devices and then the Mouse tab.
- Click on Additional mouse settings.
- In the Device settings tab, click on Settings.
- Select Defaults to set all the mouse settings to Default.
- Click on Apply and the OK to save the settings.
Hope it helps!