Keyboard Input Lag or Slow keyboard response is a common issue and can occur with anyone, anytime they are running on their Windows 10 PC. You may often experience what you type on your keyboard takes ages to emerge on the Windows 10 PC screen. It can be frustrating.
However, there are quite a few ways by which you can fix this problem and get behind to typing at the average speed. Let’s see how.
Method 1: Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 Command Prompt
- Step 1: Tap the Windows key + X together on your keyboard > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Step 2: In the Command Prompt window, perform the below command and click Enter:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Now, reboot your PC and your keyboard should be running fine. If even this doesn’t operate, go onto Method 4.
Method 2: Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 via Troubleshooter
- Step 1: Tap on the Start button > type Troubleshooter in the search box > Troubleshoot Settings.
- Step 2: Next, Update & Security > Troubleshoot on the left side > on the right front of the pane, scroll down > Find and fix other problems > keyboard.
- Step 3: Click on the Run the troubleshooter button under the Keyboard option. It will run the Troubleshooter. If any issue found, follow the instructions to troubleshoot the problem.
- It should set the keyboard problem, but if it doesn’t, try Method 5.
Method 3: Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 via Settings App
- Step 1: Tap on the Start key on your desktop > click Settings > located up the Power option.
- Step 2: In the Settings window > Ease of Access option.
- Step 3: Next, tap on the Keyboard option on the left side > on the right side of the pane, scroll down to find Use Filter Keys section > turn off.
- This step should fix your keyboard input lag problem. If the problem continues, try Method 2.
Method 4: Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 via Keyboard Properties
- Step 1: Tap the Windows key + R together on your keyboard > Run command > type control keyboard in the run box > Enter.
- Step 2: In the Keyboard Properties > Speed tab > Character Repeat > Repeat Rate > move the slider towards fast.
- Press on Apply > OK.
- Try again and see if it runs.
- This method should get the keyboard working very slow in your Windows 10 PC.
Method 5: Fix Keyboard Input Lag in Windows 10 via Device Manager
- Step 1: Hold the Windows key + X together on the keyboard > Device Manager from the context menu.
- Step 2: In the Device Manager > Keyboard > click to expand. Right-tap on the HID Keyboard device > Update driver.
- If any update available, it will refresh the driver automatically. Once finished, close and exit.
Reboot the PC, and the keyboard should be operating fine now.