How to write a Recommendation Letter? : Recommendation letter format
A recommendation letter is a type of letter in which you provide the details of proficiency, ability, and quality of someone for whom you are writing the letter. Writing a letter of recommendation is a matter of huge responsibility. The chances of the person who have given you the responsibility of writing the letter for getting selected totally depends on the way you write the letter. A recommendation letter is often used for professional, academic or employment usage.
The standard format of recommendation letter
In this article, we have come up with a standard recommendation letter format so that it becomes easier for you to understand how to write the recommendation letter:
<Writer’s Contact No.>
Date: Date of the day when the letter will be sent
Subject: Prayer for recommending <Name of the person for whom you are writing the letter> for the position of < Name of the post for which the person has applied>
Dear Mr. <Last Name of the Receiver>
Name>, working as <Your Designation> at <Company Name where you are
working>. It gives me immense pleasure to write this letter to recommend
<Name of the
person for whom you are writing the letter> for
<position for which the person has applied>.
I know <Name of Person> for <Number of years you know the person> years as he is <you relation with the person, for example, a friend or classmate or neighbor or student or coworkers or subordinate]. Based on the experience and bonding that I had with <Name of Person>, I can ensure that <Name of Person> is very friendly, hard-working and honest, etc. Most importantly, he is a man of character. When I had the opportunity to work with <Name of Person> I was highly inspired by his ability to work. I discovered that he is highly dedicated towards his job and most importantly he has a huge capacity for motivating the others.
So, I can very confidently recommend <Name of Person> and I am sure that [he/she] will excel in <position for which the person has applied>.
<Your Contact No.>
Find more samples of Recommendation letter it’ll make you more clear for writing recommendation letter to anyone.
Things to know for writing a recommendation letter
If you know exactly what you need to write in the recommendation letter it will become easy for you to put the content in the letter. That is the reason why it is very important to grasp the format of the recommendation letter. In this article, we have come up with all the important things that are needed to remember while writing the recommendation letter:
- First of all, if you are not comfortable with writing the recommendation letter or if you have any doubt in the quality of the letter then you should deny the request of writing the letter made by the person.
- You should always write the letter inabusiness letterformat and the letter should be completely formal. Another important thing that you need to remember is that the letter should not be too lengthy. Ideally, the letter should not be more than one page.
- Make sure that you have correctly written the name of the position that the person has applied for. In case you have mistakenly used a wrong position then the recruiter or receiver will not believe you about what you have said about the person.
- Highlighting the duration for which you know the person is very important as it will give the recipient a clear indication about how much he can trust on all those positive things that you have said about the person. The more the duration the more you have the chance to know about a person. Thus you should highlight this at the beginning of the letter.
- It is better if you can write about two to three positive characters of the person. This is very important because you need to prove that the person for whom you are writing the recommendation letter is the most suitable candidate for the post. If possible you can include some particular instances so that it can provide strong validation of the positive character that the person acquires.
- It is also very important to show your complete confidence in the person for whom you have written the letter. You should also share your contact number with the recipient of the letter and tell him not to feel hesitate to contact you if they need any further recommendation from you.
- Last, by not the least you must also know about the specific format of the recommendation letter that is specified by the institute or organization where the person has applied. But be careful that you should write the letter in such a way that should not seem to flatter the person for whom you are writing the letter.
Image credit: Recommendation Letter via RMIKKA/Shutterstock