“How to backup WhatsApp chat on an iPhone? I want to maintain a second copy of my WhatsApp data, but there is no free space on my iCloud account. Can I backup my WhatsApp data on my computer?”
A lot of iOS users have a similar query who wants to back up their WhatsApp data. As you know, WhatsApp provides a native solution to backup and restore WhatsApp chat using iCloud. Though this method has tons of limitations and users often look for alternatives. Thankfully, with the help of the right tools, you can take a backup of WhatsApp data on your system and later restore it as well.
Backup & Restore WhatsApp Messages At Once or Selectively with dr.fone – Restore Social App
If you don’t want to go through any unwanted hassle while saving and retrieving your WhatsApp data, then give dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS) a try. It will let you take a complete backup of your WhatsApp data with a single click. Later on, you can load the backup, preview it, and selectively save it or restore it to any device. Not just to backup and restore WhatsApp chat, it can also be used to directly transfer WhatsApp content from one phone to another (like iPhone to iPhone/Android).
- It is a complete WhatsApp data manager that can help you backup, restore, and transfer WhatsApp chats as well as attachments.
- With just one click, you can backup all the WhatsApp messages and the exchanged media files on your computer.
- There is also a provision to load the backup content and preview it. In this way, you can selectively save or restore your WhatsApp data.
- You can restore your WhatsApp messages to any other device without facing any compatibility issue. It supports all the leading iOS devices like iPhone XS, XR, XS Max, X, and more.
- The application can also directly transfer your WhatsApp data from an iPhone to another iPhone or Android. No data is accessed or saved in the process.
- Apart from managing WhatsApp data, you can also backup and restore content from other popular social apps like WeChat, Line, Viber, and Kik.
- The tool is extremely easy to use and follows an intuitive interface. It is fully compatible with all the leading iOS devices.
Backup WhatsApp Data
To start with, let’s learn how to backup WhatsApp chat on your computer using dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS). All you got to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Firstly, connect your iPhone to the system and unlock it. If you get the following prompt, then simply tap on the “Trust” button to establish a secure connection.
2. Now, launch the dr.fone application on your computer (Windows or Mac) and visit the “Restore Social App” section from its home.
3. You can view numerous app options listed on the left panel. Go to the WhatsApp section to view the following features. To save your data, click on the “Backup WhatsApp Messages” button.
4. The application will start taking a backup of your WhatsApp data. Just wait for a while for your WhatsApp data to be saved and don’t close the application in between.
5. You will be notified when the WhatsApp backup process is completed. In the end, you can disconnect your device or view the WhatsApp backup content.
Restore WhatsApp Data
By using dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS), you can easily restore an existing backup content to your phone. The application also supports a cross-platform transfer as users can restore the backup to the same or any other device.
- Firstly, connect the target device to your system and launch the application. From its home, choose the option to restore WhatsApp backup.
- The application will automatically extract the existing backup files. You can view their details and choose the file you want to restore.
- The interface will extract the backup content in different categories. You can simply preview the retrieved content from here. Make the needed selections and restore WhatsApp chat to the connected device. You can also save it to your computer as well.
Backup and Restore WhatsApp Data on iPhone via iCloud
As you know, this is the native solution to backup our WhatsApp data on iPhone and restore it afterward. By default, all the iOS devices can be connected to an iCloud account. Therefore, you can link the same account to your WhatsApp as well. This will take a complete backup of your WhatsApp. Later, you can restore the data to your device. Though, while restoring, the existing data on your phone would be deleted.
Backup WhatsApp Data
If you wish to save your WhatsApp chats on iCloud, then launch the application and go to its menu. Visit its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Tap on the “Back up Now” button to take an immediate backup. You can visit the “Auto Backup” option to automatically backup your data at regular intervals.
Restore WhatsApp Backup
In the same way, you can restore your WhatsApp data as well. Reinstall the app on the device and make sure it is connected to the same iCloud account. Enter the same phone number while setting up WhatsApp. The app will automatically detect the previous backup. Just tap on the “Restore” button and wait for a while to get your WhatsApp data back.
Which Method is the Best?
When we compare iCloud with dr.fone – Restore Social App, iCloud has tons of limitations. Firstly, you can’t perform a cross-platform transfer of WhatsApp data with iCloud, which is possible with dr.fone. It will also delete the existing WhatsApp data on your iPhone. There is also no provision to preview your WhatsApp backup data and selectively restore it. Also, it provides a more user-friendly and time-saving solution to backup and restore WhatsApp chat.
There you go! By following this simple guide, you can learn how to backup WhatsApp chat and restore it afterward. You can just give dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS) a try to manage your WhatsApp data. It can also help you backup and restore other social apps as well and will certainly come handy to you on different occasions.
Learn how to backup WhatsApp chat and restore it afterward in this guide. A clear and precise tutorial is included to backup and restore WhatsApp chat for iPhone.
Image Credits: Whatsapp Backup from hanss/Shutterstock