How Can I Recover the Deleted and Lost Files on PC?
We all have lost files more than one time. Sometimes, you permanently delete a file, or lose it unexpectedly and then realize you need it back. After emptying the Recycle Bin, all the business documents, Microsoft Word documents or Excel spreadsheets, pictures, PSD files, contracts, songs are gone in the blink of an eye. If you do not have data backups or cannot find them in Recycle Bin, using a data recovery program to get the lost and deleted files back is the most efficient strategy to solve the deadlock problem.
Accidental data loss happens every day. However, many people have to give up the opportunity to retrieve the deleted files and lost data on the computer because they do not know how to do. From this article, you will know how to use MiniTool Power Data Recovery software to finish deleted file recovery step by step, and then learn some background knowledge of what happens when you delete a file.
The following tutorial to restore accidentally deleted data is easy to understand and you can try it today.
How to Retrieve the Deleted Files on Windows PC
Data loss nightmare can be avoided if you have a good habit of making regular data backups when using your computer.
- Recovering data from the backup is the most effective way to get back the lost or deleted documents for most people.
- If you don’t have any backups beforehand, you are advised to check Windows Recycle Bin to see whether the important files still exist there.
Follow the steps to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin:
- You can open the Recycle Bin by right-clicking and selecting “Open” from the context menu. Alternatively, you could double click to open it.
- Check if there are any files, documents that you want to recover.
- Right-click on the files that you want to restore.
- Choose Restore and you can recover selected files. Another method is dragging the files directly out of Recycle Bin.
If you cannot find the files there, do not worry, because you still have a good chance to get back the deleted files.
- If you have enabled System Restore, please right click on the file and select Restore previous versions to recover the permanently deleted files
- For universal need, the free data recovery software like MiniTool Power Data Recovery can help you recover deleted files quickly. The software also provides you with other advanced features to recover disk partition, get back data from SD card, digital camera, USB drive etc.
How can I get my files back if I delete them and realize it’s a mistake later? Please continue reading. The instructions about how to recover deleted files in Windows 10, Windows 7 or other systems are quite similar.
How to undelete my important files with MiniTool Power Data Recovery?
- Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery, next, install it to a drive that does not contain any files waiting to be recovered.
- Run the software now. The software provides good support for common file types like documents, PSD, TXT, HTML file, music, photos and videos and more.
Follow the steps to recover deleted files after you empty the Recycle Bin:
- Choose This PC from the left sidebar on the software main user interface.
- Select the partition that contains the important files you have deleted. (To save some time, you can appoint the file type by clicking Settings)
- Click Scan, and wait for a while for MiniTool software to complete data scanning.
- Browse the scan result and you can check the files that you want.
- Click Save so that you can set a storage location.
- Click OK and wait till the data recovery process ends.
When all the above operations are done, you complete the whole process of recovering lost and permanently deleted files on your PC/ laptop.
What Happens When a File Gets Deleted or Lost
Strictly speaking, the files do not disappear when you delete them permanently. You just lose entries to them but they still can be rescued with the proper programs. The situation is the same when a file system gets damaged for some reasons.
Some background knowledge of what happens when you delete a file
After you manually delete a file in Windows Explorer, Windows will move it to Recycle Bin and mark it as deleted; even if it is cleared from here, the actual data remain on your computer disk. That’s why you can recover a deleted file or folder by using the robust, third-party file recovery software.
It’s a useful computer skill to retrieve deleted files and important data with the help of MiniTool data recovery software. In this post, some easy-to-use data recovery methods are provided to help you relieve the pressure from file loss. You may try the steps in this article to get back the mistakenly deleted files.
The most important thing is that you should aware is that you need to stop writing any new data or using the PC after file deletion, otherwise, the old data will be overwritten and won’t get recovered anymore.