1. Overhead Storage in the Carport: Stow bulky items overhead by connecting an uncomplicated rack from 2″ PVC pipes and fittings. Bolt the vertical pipe to the ceiling joists to carry heavy loads and screw the angled pieces from the ‘wye’ connectors into the cross brace to maintain the whole rack. The PVC’s smooth surface offers easy loading and unloading.
2. No-Ladder Gutter Cleaner: The gutter cleaner is inexpensive, needs about 10 minutes to make and will assist you to avoid ladder climbing. Purchase 3/4-in. PVC pipe, a garden hose coupling, two elbows, and a cap at a local home centre. Drill 1/16-in. Holes in the lid. Get the handle long enough to comfortably reach the gutters and cement the parts with PVC glue.
Also check – Life Hacks of Day-to-Day Living for Older People
3. Bike Rack: Use PVC pipe to create a bike rack. Perfect for an edge of the garage, this DIY used PVC to make a bike rack that operates five bikes upright. Depending on your bike wheel specs, you can alter dimensions, so they all fit snugly. Then, you can build a wall-mounted bike rack with storage.
4. Hide Computer Cords:
Help keep the home office space designed by using PVC pipes to hide cords.Just wrangle computer, mouse, monitor and phone cords.Hide them in PVC pipe. You can even use colourful tape to match your office décor.
5. PVC Plastic Bag Dispenser: Following building a PVC fence, left with a few extra 2-ft. Lengths of the fence post, turned into a home for grocery bags reuse. Pack them into the top and extract them out the bottom. Residual fencing, 3-in-diameter PVC pipe works well. Please attach it to the door inside a pantry or closet or a wall of workshop or garage.
6. Lighted Screwdriver Hack: No requirement for fancy hand tools with built-in LED lights. Opt for this lighted screwdriver hack. When operating in a dark space such as inside a cabinet, make your lighted screwdriver. Then, tap a keychain-size flashlight to the shaft.
7. Long Reach Shears: Slip PVC pipes across the handles of the pruning shears and tape them in place to increase your reach and clip leading branches without a ladder.
8. Tarp Trailer: With a big, inexpensive plastic tarp, you can move leaves, twigs or mulch around your garden.
9. Clog Claw: Each homeowner should hold a flexible-shaft pick-up tool for grabbing stuff out of hard-to-reach spots. They’re also great for pulling clogs out of drains.
10. Prevent Losing Socks: Stuff a strip of foam pipe insulation into space between your washer and dryer or along the wall. Then, socks can’t slip into the abyss.
11. Poop Pipe: Built a poop pipe is just a big piece of 4-in. PVC drainpipe sunk into the soil a foot or so, with a trash container lining it and a cap lying loosely on top. A rubber band operates the bag in place, and the lid helps keep odours at bay.
12. Tape-Tearing Tip: Fold the tape below at a 90-degree angle to the roll. With a snapping movement, pull the tape against the corner of the roll. The tape tears, dropping a triangular starting tab.
13. Wobbly Wine Cork Table Fix: Next time you open a wine bottle, keep the cork! You can utilize a slice of synthetic cork to support a wobbly table leg. Just mark the amount of cork required, slice it off with a utility knife and glue it in place.
14. Skinny Laundry Room Cart: Many laundry rooms have a small wasted space between the washing machine and dryer, and it’s usually a hideout for socks and lint. To take hold of this space, create a simple plywood laundry room cart set casters to keep detergents and other laundry supplies.
15. Hands-Free Light: Use zip ties to attach mini flashlights to a pair of safety glasses. Use pair whenever you climb into the attic or do any repairs in unlighted spaces.
16. Stay-Put Drawer Organizer: The way drawer organizers move around when you open and close a drawer. Measure the distance from the back of the drawer organizer to the back of the drawer. Then, it is used a utility knife to trim the noodle to size. The pool noodle fits snuggly in place, so the drawer organizer doesn’t go around.
17. Lift Gate Protection: It’s easy to hit a cross brace of the garage door and chip the paint on the gate. Instead, guard it by using a swim noodle as a cushion. Just cut the swim noodle with a utility knife and move it over the brace. You can apply pre-slit foam pipe insulation. If it slips off, use double-face tape to keep it in place.
18. Ladder Padding: The cushions are simple to move as you work. Just ensure you never stand on the pool noodles and constantly place them higher than you’ll step since they can build an uneven step or fall off if you walk on them.
The post Home Hacks: Sit back, Relax with the Time you’ll Save appeared first on Jugaad Group.