Headphones Not Showing Up Windows 10 : Fix Tips
Headphones Not Showing Up in Windows 10… Sometimes we all want to connect headphones to Desktop/Laptop and enjoy favourite movie. Still, when headphones don’t give sound, user definitely gets annoyed.
Windows 10 Users are facing this problem on their computer. But you need not worry, we will help you to recover from this issue. You can get thru it by following below given solutions to able to use the headphones.
But before going for troubleshoot, check there is no hardware issue. Most of the PC has two headphone jacks if PC has another jack plug-in headphone and check how is it working. Check headphones are working or not by plugging it into another computer or smartphone.
If you have hardware issues, these methods will not work for you, and you have to visit a repair shop and get checked your computer.
Fix 1 – Re-install Audio Driver
- Right Click on the Windows button to open Device Manager.
- After opening Device Manager window, search for Sound, Video and game controllers from the given list to expand it.
- Right clicking on the Audio Driver from the list will uninstall it.
- Reboot device after finishing the procedure to install audio driver again and solve the problem.
Fix 2 – Enabling Stereo Mix
- Right-click on volume icon on the taskbar.
- Tap on Sounds.
- Check on Recording Tab.
- Right-click on an Empty Blank area to ensure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked.
- Right-click to enable Stereo Mix.
Fix 4 – Enabling playback device from sound settings.
- Open Control Panel to choose large icons in View by Option.
- Get a list of playback devices available. If the headphones are not showing in the list right click and check on Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
- Right-click on Headphone to select Enable.
- Tap on OK.
The above procedure will enable Headphone, and it should now work fine.
Fix 5: Uninstalling Realtek Sound Software
- Search for appwiz.cpl in windows 10 search box and tap on appwiz.cpl
- Search to uninstall Realtek HD Audio driver.
Fix 6 – Disabling front panel jack detection
- Go to the path from the file explorer address bar to copy and paste the path in the address bar.
- Tap on RAVBg64 to open Realtek HD and audio manager.
- Press on the folder icon located at the top right corner.
- Uncheck to Disable the front panel jack selection.
Fix 7 – Disablinging front panel jack detection
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type regedit, press Enter.
- Browse to the following place in Registry Editor.
- If you can’t find the file in the path given above, try the path given below.
- Right-click the Enable DynamicDevices, click on Modify.
- Change it to 0, Click on OK.
- Restart the Computer.