Every homeowner should pay attention to the ventilation system and ensure it works properly. Often, our homes have too much moisture build-up that can lead to health complications. Good air circulation ensures you get rid of particles and give your home better indoor air quality.
An air filter is one of the essential components you should invest in and purify the air in your home, office, or business premises. If your home has an HVAC system, it can significantly benefit from an air filter. It is an incredible screen that fits into the compartment of the HVAC system and helps clean the air that circulates through the home.
A properly working air filter will protect the HVAC system against contaminants that cause uncalled-for repairs. The material an air filter is made up of helps determine how effectively it works. Thus, an air filter media upgrade is necessary to ensure no contaminants can pass through the screen.
The primary purpose of the air filter material or media is to trap or catch matters such as allergens, dirty, pollen, and dust. Some designs are built with top-notch technology that can capture viruses and bacteria from the air. So with less dirt or contaminants, the HVAC system will run more efficiently.
You need to choose the best air filter material. Read on here to find out how.
Choosing the Best Air Filter Material/Media
Choosing the right air filter material guarantees that you will improve the performance of your system. Practically, you will also boost the lifespan of the HVAC system you use. Picking the suitable filter media shouldn’t be daunting if you know where to start.
Most importantly, the filter material you settle for should be based on the type of application. You will have different options at your disposal, especially if you are getting them from a reputed company. A reputable company that offers high-quality and custom filter materials will proffer many options to consider.
Here are a few factors to consider:
- Product- Ask yourself what you are trying to filter. The common types of air filter material or media used are cotton, paper, and foam. Cotton is a top-notch material as it allows high airflow while filtering minute particles.
- Size of particles- The particles you will filter with your media matter. They should guide you to choose the best. Consider the spaces in your HVAC system as you will know the type of filter media you need, its size, and thickness. Remarkable filter material should catch dust, allergens, dirt, pet dander, or pollen in the air.
- Temperature- Consider whether you are using the filter media in extreme temperatures.
- Resistance- Check whether the air filter material can resist the tear and wear of dust, dirt, and contaminants that attack the HVAC system.
- Chemistry– Consider whether the filter has to withstand particles that may have chemical compounds.
The air filter material you choose will vary with application. The good news? The material you select should capture different types of recirculated particulate matter. Top picks from a reputable company will include:
- Polyester air filter media
- Carbon air filter media
- Polyurethane foam air filter media
- Polypropylene air filter media
An air filter is integral to any ventilation system in a home, office, business premise, or industrial worksite. However, ensure every component is working correctly to keep the HVAC system working efficiently. This will include ensuring the fitted air filter media or material is top-notch.
For any filter media upgrade, you must choose the best in the market.
It is best to choose them from a reputable dealer that has been manufacturing different types of air filters and high-quality media for many years. Go for customized designs that suit your application. Most importantly, ensure it’s the suitable material in terms of size, airflow restrictions, budget, and efficiency requirements.