How to download a YouTube video is one of the frustrating situations when we get struck with our favourite video which we wish to see afterwards without any internet connections available. The real friends, who will make you get thru the desperate circumstance are here, to help you.
There are generally four methods to get safely out of the situation, where you want to know how to download a youtube video.
- Using KeepVid on a Computer
- Using 4K Video Downloader on a Computer
- Using VLC Player on a Computer
- Using TubeMate for Android
Method 1: Using KeepVid on a Computer
- Go to https://www.youtube.com in a web browser. You can use a free YouTube download website like KeepVid to download YouTube videos to your computer. Before opening KeepVid, you’ll want to open the YouTube video.
- Go to the video you want to download.
- Click the Share icon. It’s the grey arrow below the video.
- Click the blue COPY link next to the URL to copy the link to clipboard.
- Navigate thru https://keepvid.pro.
- Right-click the “Enter Link” field present at the top of the KeepVid page.
- Click Paste.
- Click the blue Download Now button.
- Select a download format. To get the highest video quality, click the blue Best Download video next to the video.
- Select a location and click Save, Download, or OK.
Method 2: Using 4K Video Downloader on a Computer
- Download the 4K Video Downloader setup file. 4K Video Downloader is available on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Install 4K Video Downloader. Once the 4K Video Downloader setup file finishes downloading, you can install it by doing the following:
- For Windows: Double-click the setup file, click Yes when prompted, and follow instructions.
- For Mac: Double-click the setup file, verify the installation if necessary, click and drag the 4K Video Downloader app icon onto the “Applications” folder, and follow instructions.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com in a web browser.
- Go to the video that you want to download. The video should begin playing.
- Copy the video’s address. Click the video’s speech in the bar at the top of your browser.
- For Windows: press Ctrl+A
- For Mac: ? Command+A
- To thoroughly select it.
- For Windows: press Ctrl+C
- For Mac: ? Command+C to copy it.
- Open 4K Video Downloader.
- If 4K Video Downloader didn’t automatically open upon finishing its installation,
- For Windows: Click its link in the Start menu.
- For Mac: Click Mac’s Applications folder.
- Click Paste Link at the top-left corner of the 4K Video Downloader window to extract.
- Select a video format from the “Format” menu.
- Select quality.
- Go to the bottom of the window. Click Download.
Method 3: Using VLC Player on a Computer
- Go to https://www.youtube.com on the computer as VLC Media Player will be able to download videos.
- This method should work for most videos, but some may display a “Your input can’t be opened” error during the Download.
- If it refuses to play the video as it may be containing copyrighted content. To avoid such situation use mpgun.com, or a computer program.
- Go to the video you want to download. You can search for the video using the “Search” bar at the top of the screen. Once you select the video, it should begin playing right away.
- Copy by highlighting the video’s URL in the address bar at the top of the browser
- For Windows: Ctrl+C
- For Mac: ? Command+C
- Open VLC Player with an orange traffic cone icon.
- For Windows: It should be in the Start menu
- For Mac: Applications folder
- The steps to play content from the web browser in VLC are a little different.
- For Windows: Click Media, then click Open Network Stream…
- For Mac: Click File and then Open Network.
- Paste the YouTube video’s URL into the field.
- For Windows: Click the “Please enter a network URL” text box, then press Ctrl+V, Click Play.
- For Mac: ? Command+V, Open
- Update to the latest version of VLC, if it is not responding and try again.
- Select a location and click Save. This downloads the video to the computer. Once the file is downloaded, you can view it by double-clicking the file.
Method 4: Using TubeMate for Android
- Go to https://tubemate.net in your Android’s web browser. Tubemate will open to a screen that’s identical to YouTube. Use the search box at the top of the screen to open the video you want to download.
- Press red arrow icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen for video download options to appear.
- Press desired size, file type, formats (top half of the screen) and audio options (at the bottom), Choose MP4 format to download a video.
- Most substantial resolution (1900 x 1080) will create the largest file size, so choose wisely an exact file size (on the right side of each option).
- Tap the red arrow icon on the right side of the screen to start the Download. View it in Photos or Gallery app like any other video.
- Say No to pop-ups, if appearing, as they are ads to get you to the Play Store to be tricked into downloading anything extra.
Now, after going through the above article, you must have become a pro in how to download a youtube video. It will soon be a pleasurable way to download videos of your choice from YouTube. Happy Downloading!