Are you a bingo lover? Then perhaps it is about time you consider bringing your enjoyment to the next level by playing online. There are dozens of websites that offer bingo and bingo-related games which you can participate in at any time of the day, and all you need is a computer or device and a reliable internet connection to be well on your way to bingo heaven. It is understandable for first-timers to feel intimated about playing bingo online, which is why we will provide you with a guide on the basic things you need to know about online bingo.
There is nothing too complicated about playing bingo online. The rules are the same, except that your bingo card is a pop-up window which may contain the following information:
- Card Faces
- Current number called and a board listing all previous numbers called
- Live chat room for players to interact during a game
But what sets online bingo apart from ordinary bingo, is that most online bingo websites like Ted Bingo offer players a variety of fun and exciting things to enjoy such as news, updates, pictures of past winners, prizes you can win and locations where you can redeem gift cards.
Fees required for playing online bingo
There are many online bingo games that you can play for free, but if you are expecting to win prizes, you will need to pay for your bingo cards. These websites usually ask for first-time players to register and put a payment method such as a credit card or PayPal.
Different types of online bingo games
There are different types of online bingo games available, and these games can vary from one site to another. In general, the following are some of the most common types of bingo games you can play online:
- 80-ball bingo. This game is also called ‘coverall’ bingo. You will get a 4×4 card with numbers ranging from 1 to 80, and the player who marks off all the numbers wins the game. This type of play usually only has one price to be won.
- 90-ball bingo. This game follows the traditional rules of bingo using a 9×3 card. There are 15 numbers to mark off, and the numbers range from 1 to 90. Prizes are up for grabs if you mark one line of numbers or when you mark off all the numbers.
- 75-ball bingo. This game is played using a 5×5 card and is also sometimes called pattern bingo. The card contains numbers that range from 1 to 75. The first person who marks the pattern wins the game.
- 30-ball bingo. This game is played at a faster speed because the card only contains nine numbers. The goal is to mark off all the numbers to win the game.
You can try all different variations of bingo available, along with other mini-games offered at bingo chat rooms if you genuinely want to get a feel of what it is like to play bingo online.
Online bonuses and rewards
Almost every online bingo website offers welcome bonuses to first time players. It is an excellent marketing technique that entices new players to join, and at the same time gives players the opportunity to try playing and have a feel of the site before they commit to paying for games later on.
Most of these bonuses give access to chat rooms along with free bingo games. Joining chat rooms is a great way to connect with other new players and get some pointers from experienced participants. Some examples of bonuses offered by bingo websites are:
- Deposit bonuses. A deposit bonus is any offer you receive on your first deposit. The amount varies from one site to another. A deposit bonus is a great way to stretch your initial payment and to play more games.
- Do deposit bonuses. New players receive this bonus even without making a deposit, as bingo websites offer this to players to give them a chance to give the games a test run. However, these bonuses cannot be withdrawn and you may still need to enter your payment information and register before you receive these bonuses.
- Cash match bonuses. A cash match deposit is where the website gives you a bonus matching your deposit, which means you have twice the funds to play with.
These deposits are a significant advantage for players so do not forget to claim and use them.
Withdrawing your winnings
If you are lucky enough to win a game on your first try, the next step is to withdraw the funds. The withdrawal method is usually the same as the method you used to pay, and as such, the timeframe to receive the funds may vary depending on the financial institution. Withdrawing your winnings is crucial so that you can control your spending and at least recover some of the losses.
Image Credits: Online Bingo Games from Javier Ruiz Garcia /Shutterstock