Developing Mobile Apps in COVID-19 made social distancing easy, and lockdown policies are driving a steady rise in mobile usage. During the pandemic, thirty-three billion apps were downloaded globally. Mobile users globally have spent 180 billion cumulative hours every month of the third quarter, with a massive $28 billion on technology apps.
A well-engaging and standout business app will indeed enhance branding and retain customers. Every business that needs to trade its products, increase assistance, give service, or share information will strive to make its mobile app user-friendly and available to clients.
Besides recognizing how your mobile utilization will function or what resources you’ll require, it’s necessary to figure out which mobile development programs or technology in mobiles will assist your requirements better.
The five major programming languages that are used initially for developing mobile apps incorporate:
- C++ : C++ forms the simplistic base for most programming languages and possesses the power to create dynamic technology apps. As a result, C++ is hugely sought after now to receive multi-platform apps. You can compose code in C++ to develop the application once and use it on different platforms without sacrificing its appearance or security. Furthermore, the simple and powerful compiler-based program proffers a versatile tool that can be applied to multiple platforms. Objective-C, its sister language, was earlier used for app development in Apple systems before the opening of Swift in 2014.
- PHP : A relatively easy word to learn, PHP is object-oriented and employs a three-layered model to improve build dynamic mobile apps and web applications. It is highly suitable for apps that need database integration. Popular PHP frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, Lumen, and CodeIgniter are extensively used to create mobile apps that require complex backend and exhaustive data migration. Large-scale app projects favor this open-source language as it interprets authentication, caching, and routing.
- Java : This object-oriented programming language has been the traditional and official language for Android mobile app development since the inception of Android in 2008. A remarkably versatile language, Java helps guide your app flexibly, modularly, and extensible. In addition, Java is easy to handle, and many open-source libraries are made available for users to choose from.
- Swift : While creating a thing distinct to Apple OS, Swift is the language to try. Swift is a successful iOS application development language allowing advanced features with minimal coding that can be easily maintained. In addition, Swift is a powerful and intuitive language loved by Apple developers who use it for macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS, etc.
- HTML5 : Use HTML5 if your organization is expanding web-frontend applications for mobile designs. Organizations considering cross-platform mobile app developing a daunting assignment resort to HTML5 as it assists you to achieve the proper functionality and outstanding user experience. The “write-once-run-anywhere” advantage granted by HTML5 stimulates your time to market, increases your app’s visibility, advances development affordable, and encourages offline browsing.
Top tools that can aid you get originated with installing your mobile app and developing mobile apps.
- Xamarin : This cross-platform structure with coding support of C# uses single code across iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms. With the advantages of code sharing, Xamarin organizes applications that contribute authentic native app expertise. It is the most time and cost-saving structure for mobile app development. Xamarin enables you to accouche native Android, iOS, and Windows apps with a single shared .NET codebase. The framework allows access to the full spectrum of functionality the underlying platform and device displays, including platform-specific skills.
- Mobile Angular UI : Mobile Angular UI is an open-source, free skeleton that merges the best hallmarks of Angular js and Bootstrap 3 syntax with the missing ingredients of Bootstrap. In addition, it contributes new UI components such as modals, navbar, sidebars, and overlays, switches, etc. Since it utilizes Angular js and Bootstrap, it’s straightforward for developers to determine the framework and get incited. As a result, mobile Angular UI allows businesses to build HTML5 hybrid mobile and desktop apps with less effort.
- Felgo : As known earlier, V-Play Engine is a thriving cross-platform development core used to design apps and mobile games. Felgo utilizes Qt as its core framework, which evaluates the improvement of games and apps. With Felgo, you can build flexible and modern apps compiled natively from a unique codebase for Android, iOS, Desktop, Web, and Embedded platforms.
Undoubtedly, the pandemic would have a perpetual impact on mobile app development inclinations and technologies in the future, just like how it converted mobile consumer habits.