Delete User Profile Windows 10: If you are attending to change all the inclinations and perspectives for all the apps and Windows for a user, you are in the proper place.
There is a probability that user accounts to become corrupted or want to change the settings back to the default settings.
To accomplish this, you can switch the user profile without deleting the user account. We will eliminate the user profile and NOT the user account. While you sign back in, a new profile is automatically generated for the same user description. Let’s see how.
Firstly, guarantee that the user account has administrative rights.
You cannot eliminate the profile for the currently active record. You will have to sign out from the one you require to stop the profile and sign in with a separate user account.
Method 1: How to Delete User Profile in Windows 10 Advanced System Properties
- Step 1: Press Windows key + R together on your keyboard to open the Run box. Write the below text into the box and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In the System Properties dialogue box, following the User Profile section, tap on the Settings button.
- Step 3: In the User Profiles window, choose the user profile you require to delete and tap the Delete button.
- Verify the request in the prompt by tapping Yes, and the user account is eliminated. When you sign back succeeding time, the user profile is automatically conceived with all the default contexts.
Method 2: How to Delete User Profile in Windows 10 Manually
- Step 1: Open the File Explorer (This PC) and double-tap on the OS C: folder to initiate it.
- Step 2: In the OS C: folder, find and double-tap on the Users folder.
- Step 3: Right-tap on the User Profile you require to delete and tap on Delete from the context menu.
- Step 4: Press Windows key + R concurrently on the keyboard to initiate the Run box, type Regedit in the box and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Step 5: In the Registry Editor window, cruise to the following path:
- Run by the subkeys on the left side of the window under Profile List. Tap each one of them, and on the right side of the window, locate the string value.
- Double-tap on it to open and examine the Value Data. The Value Data field displays the user profile. This will assist you in finding which subkey connected with the deleted user profile.
- Step 6: In the Edit String window, review the Value Data field that explains the deleted user profile.
The User Profile for the connected account is instantly deleted. Once you sign in, it will be re-created with the default settings and choices.