If you see ‘Default gateway is not available‘ report while troubleshooting internet connection, then the problem is connected with an incorrect IP address or ISP config settings.
To solve the issue, verify these workarounds for more straightforward solutions and go for the leading solutions.
- Restart the computer to check if you can connect to the internet or not.
- If you use an antivirus or firewall, disable it momentarily and try to join the internet again.
- If any of these didn’t work, go for these solutions-
Fix-1 Reset IP-
- Resetting IP on the computer will solve the issue.
- Press Windows key+R.
- Type “cmd” and hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys together.
- To reset the IP config, type or copy-paste codes one-by-one and hit Enter.
- NETSH INT IP RESET C:\RESETLOG.TXT
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Close Command Prompt window.
- Reboot the computer and try to join the network again.
Fix-2 Disable and Enable network
- Disabling and re-enabling the network drive will indeed work out for you.
- Type “Network Connections” in the search box.
- Tap on the “Network Connections” in the search result. Network Connections window will be opened.
- Right-tap on the network adapter and tap on “Disable” to disable it.
- Wait for a while.
- Right-tap on the disabled network drive and then click on the “Enable“.
- This way, you can the network drive will be reset on your computer. The Default Gateway problem should be fixed.
Fix-3 Set IPv4 settings manually-
- Setting IPv4 settings manually can solve this issue.
- Press Windows key+R to launch Run window.
- Type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Command Prompt window will be opened with Administrative rights.
- In Command Prompt window, type “ipconfig” and then hit Enter.
- You can see all details of network credentials on the CMD terminal.
- Look for the adapter settings you are using (for us, it is “WiFi” settings).
- Note down the details of the adapter (IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway). Then, it would be best if you minimized the Command Prompt window.
- Press Windows Key+R, launch Run, and type “ncpa. cpl” and click on “OK“. You will be able to open the Network Connections window.
- As the next step, you need to right-click and the network adapter and click on “Properties“.
- Double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)“.
- Click on “Use the following IP address:“.
- You need to put these data in the particular tabs (IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway).
- Under “Use the following DNS server settings:” and input these following DNS servers settings-
- Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- To save these settings, click on “OK“. This will surely fix your issue. Try to reconnect to the internet again.
Fix-4 Set IPv4 settings manually-
- If previous method didn’t work out, modify DNS settings of the IPv4 protocol manually to solve the issue.
- Press Windows Key+R and launch Run window.
- Now, type this and tap Enter to open Network Connections window.
- To access the network’s properties, right-click on web and click on the “Properties “.
- Access IPv4 properties, double tap on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) “.
- Click “Use the following DNS server addresses: “.
- Put server addresses correctly-
- Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- To save settings, tap on “OK “. Close Control Panel window. Try connecting to the internet to check its working.