Cursor Disappears on Chrome : How to Fix the Issue
Cursor disappears on Chrome while browsing the web sometimes become annoying. When the computer freezes or something else breaks the entire experience—something such as the mouse pointer disappearing while you’re on it, makes a user restless.
The mouse pointer is programmed to disappear while users start watching videos on a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Prime. But, it becomes frustrating when the mouse cursor disappears while you’re browsing the internet.
Here is that what happens to make it frustrating when cursor disappears on Chrome
Suppose the user is on a computer, doing his/her work using Chrome and trying to browse through the internet. At that moment, suddenly, the mouse pointer disappears. It shows up out of the chrome boundaries. But while the user brings it inside the browser, it disappears again. Don’t worry, and this is a common problem with Chrome. There are easy fixes to this issue.
First, try to understand why this issue occurs
The problem generally comes up in touch screen mode. It happens because of the hardware acceleration options done automatically in Chrome. While the option helps accelerate the performance and provides better speeds, it does have small side effects, such as the mouse pointer issue’s disappearing. This issue is unlikely to arise when you are using Chrome with a mouse and a keyboard.
How to get back the cursor while it disappears from the screen
User cannot, unfortunately, get back the mouse cursor without completely closing Chrome. It might refer to losing some data while opting for it. If a user is on a form and has entered essential data, it’s best to copy and paste it elsewhere. Similarly, save all the data before proceeding with the steps given below because the data will be lost forever once the Chrome window closes.
Here are simple solutions to the problem
Shutting Chrome processes in the task manager
- The first thing that the user is supposed to do is shut Chrome.
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Select Chrome from the list to click on End Task to kill all processes from Chrome.
- Ensure there are no Chrome processes in the task manager.
- Now restart Chrome.
- Kill the Chrome browser processes in the taskbar
- This will temporarily resolve the problem.
Restart Chrome by giving a Restart command
When the user cannot see the mouse in the Chrome window, the user may restart it in place of closing down every thread or program using the task manager by going to the URL bar. Although the mouse will be hidden, the user can still see if he/she is on the URL bar.
- Type chrome://restart
- Press enter
- Chrome restart from the address bar
It will restart the browser much more straightforward than closing every thread manually.
Fixing the disappearing mouse pointer problem through Chrome settings
- Try to open the Chrome browser.
- Tap on the menu icon having three vertical dots found on the top right corner of the window screen.
- Click on Settings to open the Settings window.
- Go to Advanced.
- By scrolling down to the System section try to check for an option saying “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- Try to locate the Relaunch option next to it. Tap on it to restart the browser.
The hiding mouse problem isn’t the only problem with Chrome. There are many other issues with Chrome. Just a few days back, CERT-IN issued a warning against using the old Chrome browser. Hackers try to use the smallest of loopholes in Chrome Since it is a prevalent browser.
If the data is essential to you, it’s best to switch to another browser. There are several private browsers out there.