How to Create a Group Email in Gmail
How to create a group email in Gmail so that you can email everybody in a contact list at once. The idea seems to be more than excellent and less time-consuming.
It will be going to help the mass mailing process whenever needed in a business or any upcoming project as you might be aware that a mailing list neither can be created from within the Gmail nor can be selected as the recipient in the Gmail. So what should be the way out….
Let’s check out the small & simple 8 steps procedure of how to create a group email in Gmail.
How to Create a Group Email in Gmail
Step 1 :
- Go to Google Contacts page.
- Open https://contacts.google.com/ in web browser.
- This will open Google contacts if Google has been earlier logged into.
- If not, logged into Google account, email address prompt will display and will let you click NEXT, enter password, and click NEXT to log in.
- You may click profile icon in the upper-right side of the page and to either select the proper account or click Add account yo enter your email address and password as required.
Step 2 :
- Select contacts by hovering mouse over a contact’s profile picture
- Click the checkbox popping up in place of picture or initial alphabet to repeat process for each contact to be added.
Step 3 :
- Press “Labels” icon in the top-left of the page.
- A drop-down menu will roll out..
- Press on Create label.
- Option lays at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Promptly a window.pop-ups
- Enter the required name.
- You may type the name in the desired mailing list.
- “To” field will have the same name while addressing an email later.
Step 4 :
- Press Save.
- It’s in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Doing this saves the list of contacts under the named label.
- Open the inbox of Gmail.
- Arrive at https://www.gmail.com/ and re-enter your mail address and password (only if prompted to).
- It should be the same account for which whole process of creation of the mailing list has been done.
Step 5 :
- Hit COMPOSE lying on the left side of the inbox.
- Allows you to open a “New Message” window.
- Enter label’s name.
- On the “To” field at the top of the “New Message” window, type in the name of the group.
- You may watch group name and a preview, refreshing contact and appearing below the “To” field.
- Click the group name below the “To” field to make it your email’s recipient.
- If you are unable to see or type group’s name in the “To” field ,,,, the reason is you don’t remember it, go to the next Step or otherwise, skip it.
Step 6 :
- View a list of created group names
- If you were unable to finish the previous Step 5 because of slipping the name of the group, go through these steps to see a list of all of group names for the gmail account
- Click on the “To” field, click on the “My contacts” button nearing the top right corner of the pop-up window.
- All of the group names created for the current gmail account will be enlisted in a drop-down menu.
- Click on the group name that is to be used. A preview of group’s contacts will be available thru pop-up window.
- Click on the box next to “Select All” near the top left corner of the pop-up window to completely select contacts in the group.
- Click on “INSERT”near the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
- You may verify all the contacts of the group to use listed in the “To” field of the email.
Step 7 :
- Enter a subject and message.
- Use “Subject” in text field and the blank text field below it, respectively.
Step 8 :
- Press Send the blue button in the bottom-left corner of the “New Message” window.
- This will send your email to each of the people in your group.
In order to get the desired group email in Gmail,we must appreciate Gmail and the user to proceed to complete the above steps efficiently. Happy Guiding !