Copy Paste is the most useful function in a system. When it stops working, working on the computer becomes difficult. Whenever there is a copying a text or an image, it is saved on a virtual clipboard that we cannot see.
Understanding the issue: How Copy paste Works.
When pasting is done, it is pasted from the clipboard. If the copy-paste function is not working correctly, we may focus on following solutions to fix the issue.
Try the given step by step solutions to fix the issue:
Solution 1 : Using System 32 Folder
- Choose file explorer.
- Search for C:\Windows\System32
- Type rdpclip in the search bar.
- Right Click on rdpclip.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Search dwm.exe in the search bar.
- Right Click on dwm and select Run as Administrator.
- Restart the Computer.
Solution 2 : Reset the rdpclip.exe process
The rdpclip.exe process manages the copy-paste function. This process might get cumbersome away with time. Thus we must reset it.
- Tap CTRL+ALT+DEL and choose Task Manager from among the options.
- In the processes tab, get into the rdpclip.exe service.
- Right-click and tap on End Process.
- Close Task Manager and again open it.
- Click to File >> Run new task.
- In the dialogue box, type rdpclip.exe to tap Enter to re-initiate the procedure.
- Restart the computer.
- Through Command Prompt
- 1] Tap Win + R to open Run window. Type the command cmd and press Enter for opening the Command Prompt window.
- 2] Type the given Command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter: taskkill.exe /F /IM rdpclip.exe
- This Command ends the rdpclip.exe task. Cmd Command Rdpclip
- 3] Type rdpclip.exe in the window to press Enter. This Command re-initiates the rdpclip.exe task. Run Rdpclip
- We may repeat the same process for the dwm.exe task in the Task Manager.
Solution 3 : Utilizing the “echo off” on Command Prompt
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- Type the following Command to press Enter:
- cmd /c”echo off|clip
- Restart the system.
Solution 4 : Check individual applications
At times the problem with the copy-paste function might not be system-specific but application-specific. We could check if the process is not working with specific applications. E.g. If the user was unable to paste the image in Paint, choose to copy-paste on Notepad.
If the problem is specific to a certain number of applications (or maybe just one), troubleshoot the application accordingly.
Solution 5 : Disable the antivirus program temporarily
At times, the antivirus program prevents the copy-paste function for security reasons. Disabling the antivirus program temporarily could help isolate the issue.
Solution 6 : Hardware and devices troubleshooter
- Tap on the Start button and on the gear-like symbol to open the Settings menu.
- Choose Updates and Security >> Troubleshoot.
- Tap on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Once the procedure is done, restart the system.
Hope the above solutions will help solve the copy-paste problem.