Clear Cache in Windows 10 : How to Attempt it
Clear Cache in Windows 10: Microsoft’s new instalment in its long-running Windows Operating System, is the latest windows 10. The new Operating System is a vast improvement compared to predecessors.
Windows 10 stores cache to make the system faster and more responsive than previous versions. This is very efficient if you have tons of Free storage and free ram to work with, or a high-performance CPU. Without a considerable amount of free memory, PC runs into problems and gets slowed down. It may cause it to lag and even hang if loaded with many tasks.
Delete Temporary cached files on Windows PC
- Rightclick Windows icon on the bottom left of the PC screen.
- Click on the run.
- Write %temp% in it and hit enter.
- Delete all files in the folder.
Delete Prefetch Files from Windows PC
- Right-click Windows icon on the bottom left.
- Click on the run from the menu.
- Type “prefetch” in the text field and press enter.
- Delete all the files in the folder.
Delete Unnecessary files Cache on System
- Click on Start.
- Search for Cleanmgr, which is used to clean unnecessary files in the drive.
- Manually Select the hard drives you have installed, e.g., C: D: etc. ONE by ONE and click Ok.
- Select the file types to clean up in the next window. Select all if you’re going to flush them all.
- Tap on Clean Up System Files at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Ok once windows have calculated the amount of storage to be cleaned up.
Clean temp files using Windows 10 storage sense
- Open settings by tapping the Windows start button in the taskbar and then clicking on the Gear icon.
- Click on the system.
- Click on storage from the left menu.
- Tap on Change.
- Click on Clean now and wait patiently for some time and the system will clean the unused temp files from your PC. After a few seconds, it will show you how much space has been saved on the network.
- Clear Edge Cache
- Tap three dots placed at the top right of the Edge browser window.
- Click on settings
- Click on choose what to clear.
- Choose what all you have to clear. For clearing all, select all and click clear.
- Clear Internet Explorer Cache
- Open the file explorer.
- Tap on View in the menu bar to select Options.
- Open the General tab in the next window.
- Under the sub-heading Privacy, click on Clear.
- Click on Ok.
- You have now cleared File Explorer History.
- Clear Windows Store Cache
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to open the run command window.
- Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.
- This will clear the store cache.
- Clear Location Data Cache
- Click on Start key at the bottom left end of your computer window.
- Select and open Settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- In the left tab, click on Location.
- On the right side, hit to clear the location data.
- Clear DNS Cache
- Go to the search box in Windows 10 taskbar.
- Search for Command Prompt or CMD to open it.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type-
- Press enter.
The above given methods will definitely help you clear Cache in Windows 10.