Chrome opening on startup automatically : Let’s fix it
Chrome opening on startup automatically fix, as one of the disadvantages of using Google Chrome includes the high usage of background processing power.
As Chrome opening utilizes a considerable chunk of processing power, whether the automatic startup is enabled for Google Chrome, it will prolong your computer’s booting time.
Let us discuss how to disable the automatic startup of Google Chrome on the computer.
Solution-1 Disable Google Chrome Startup from Task Manager
You can deactivate Google Chrome startup conveniently from Task Manager.
- Press Windows key+X and tap on “Task Manager “.
- When the Task Manager window appears, tap on the “Startup” tab.
- In the Startup tab, scroll down and right-click on “Chrome” and click on “Disable” to disable the autostart feature. Close Task Manager window.
- Restart the System.
- Google Chrome will not automatically be booted up on the computer.
Solution-2 Deactivate background operation of Google Chrome
Google Chrome keeps running in the background even after closing it. Disable this setting from Chrome settings-
- Open Google Chrome on the computer.
- As Google Chrome window appears on the right-hand side, tap on ‘three-dot ‘and click on the “Settings “.
- Scroll down through the Chrome settings and tap on “Advanced “.
- Under System, toggle “Continue running background apps while Google Chrome is closed” to “off “.
- Close the Google Chrome window on the computer.
- Reboot your computer and after rebooting check whether Chrome is still automatically starting up or not.
Solution-3 Change Privacy Settings
Setting privacy settings correctly may help you.
- Open the Settings window and tap on “Accounts” to access it.
- In Accounts settings, on the left-hand side, tap on “Sign-in options “.
- While doing the Privacy settings, switch ‘Show account details such as my email address on the sign-in screen. ‘to “Off “.
- Switch over ‘Use my sign-in info to finish setting up my device automatically and reopen my apps after an update or restart. ‘to “Off “.
- Close Settings window.
- Reboot the computer and check if Google Chrome is still starting up automatically or not.