Bluetooth icon is missing from Windows 10. When it happens… If you can’t locate the Bluetooth icon on the Taskbar on your Windows 10 pc and questioning what to do, don’t bother.
This problem habitually occurs when the Bluetooth driver on your workstation goes haywire, or it’s merely a Bluetooth settings issue. , follow these difficulties, and you will notice the Bluetooth icon back wherever it should be.
- Sometime the Bluetooth icon may be disappeared in Taskbar ‘Hidden icons‘. Tap on the ‘Arrow icon‘ on the Taskbar and verify if you can see the Bluetooth icon.
- You can switch ‘On‘ or ‘Off‘ your Bluetooth settings from the Notification section. Tap on the notification icon on the Taskbar and check the Bluetooth state.
If any of specific alternative workarounds didn’t assist you out, attempt these fixes.
Solution-1 Enable Bluetooth icon from Bluetooth settings
You can allow the Bluetooth icon in the Notification section.
- Tap on the Search box and type “Bluetooth and different devices settings“.
- Tap on “Bluetooth and devices settings” in the elevated search outcomes.
- On the right-hand side of the Settings window, scroll down and tap on “More Bluetooth options“.
- In the Bluetooth Settings window, under the ‘Options‘ tab, indicate the option “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area“.
- Tap on “OK” to save specific settings on your computer.
Close the Settings window and examine if the Bluetooth icon is emerging in the Taskbar or not.
Solution-2 Turn Bluetooth ‘ON’-
You can quickly turn the Bluetooth device ‘ON‘ on the computer from Settings.
- Press Windows key+I together.
- Tap on “Devices“.
- Now, you have to click on “Bluetooth & other devices“on the left-hand side.
- On the right-hand side, you require to change the ‘Bluetooth‘ to turn it “On“.
Now, verify if you can detect the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar or not. Go for the following solution if this one didn’t serve out.
Solution-3 Check Bluetooth service is running or not
The conventional functionality of the Bluetooth device on the computer depends upon Bluetooth assistance service.
- Holding Windows Key+R will launch the Run.
- Now, type down “services.msc” in the Run window. A simple tap on “OK” and the Services window will appear in a while.
- In Services window, right-tap on “Bluetooth Support Service” and tap on “Restart“.
- Furthermore, double click on the “Bluetooth Support Service“.
- Now, in the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window, click on the ‘Startup type:‘ and place it to “Automatic” mode.
- Verify if it is ‘Running‘ or not. If it isn’t, then tap on “Start” to begin it.
- After making all these adjustments, click on “Apply” and “OK“.
Now, stop the Device Manager window and verify if you can locate the Bluetooth icon on the computer.
Solution-4 Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth device may aid you out. First, observe given steps to uninstall the Bluetooth adapter driver-
- Press Windows key+R to start Run.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter. Device Manager utility will open.
- In the Device Manager utility window, search for the “Bluetooth” option and click on it.
- In the Bluetooth drivers list, what you need to do is to right-click on the Bluetooth adapter you are using, then tap on “Uninstall device“.
The Bluetooth driver will get uninstalled in a while.
- Process 1-
- Reboot the workstation and Windows will automatically establish the uninstalled driver.
- Process 2–
- If rebooting the computer didn’t install the driver, then you have to install the driver yourself. Follow to connect the driver manually-
- In the Device Manager window, tap on “Action“.You need to click on “Scan for hardware changes” to scan for the unspecified missing driver.
- Windows will recognise the removed driver and reinstall it automatically.
- Close Device Manager window.
- You will see the Bluetooth icon on the Taskbar.
Your Bluetooth Icon Missing problem will be solved.