You’ve probably already heard a lot that university and high school assignments are too different to compare. University life, in general, is absolutely different to the one we have in high school. Students have more responsibilities, thus more requirements from the teachers, professors, and the university authority. When it comes to writing assignments at uni, most students face the problems they’ve never had before. For example, now they gave the limited time for assignments, which should be written in time, without having the second chance to improve what was done in a wrong way. And those all influence the final exams and graduation marks in general. Knowing all of these makes writing a winning paper or dissertation even a more unrealistic process.
Today we’re going to teach you how to prepare and write your assignments at uni in a proper way, making the process of writing less stressful, but more effective at the same time. As an addition, you can try customwriting services, which offer professional help and support for students who struggle with writing assignments or don’t know how to build the process of writing itself. In case you want to try your own efforts, keep reading. We’re going to reveal a couple of really useful recommendations to help you to create a real college or university paper in a better way.
Quick Guide to a College/University Writing Assignment
In most cases, the main difference between university and high school writing assignments is in the approach to writing. University and college assignments require more of a critical thinking and research work. Students at university are required to express their own critical thinking in order to analyze a concrete situation, statement, or work, supporting it with healthy evidence and structuring everything in a proper way. Sounds quite difficult. When it comes to a core of the question, everything is very simple.
So, what do you need to do in order to get high marks for your writing at university and college? We’re going to focus on some general qualifications and requirements most US educational institutions have.
- Structure. This is the first thing to consider when working on a writing assignment. It relates to the structure in both your assignment and your plan, which is the direction you’re going to move at with your writing process. Understand the assignment, divide it into several parts or goals, which are absolutely manageable. It will be easier if you tackle the most enjoyable parts of your plan to do them first. In another case, start with the introduction. Follow with a simple structure first. For example, divide your essay into introduction, body, and conclusion. Then, slowly add more details and steps to work on. This will help you to avoid going round in circles.
- Revise your plan. Don’t be afraid to revise your plan after some reading and thinking. It is okay to change the plan accordingly to the current information you have. Some students change their plan for 3-5 times before producing the final draft.
- Get a strict set of requirements for the task you have. Each type of writing assignments has its own requirements. Sometimes those requirements are slightly different in different universities. So, check the requirements provided by your professor or university before getting into the writing. Essays, dissertations, research papers, lab reports are absolutely different tasks, which require different approaches, formats, styles, and so on. So, always check how your assignment should look like. For example, a report should provide information or solution, while an essay should convince a reader using rhetorics.
- Support your ideas. You can’t just express your ideas and opinions in academic writing, without supporting them with reliable academic evidence. This is not how it works. Every idea without exception should have a supporting fact, which can be provided in different forms. But make sure you use only trustworthy sources to provide that evidence and use the citations in your work.
- Stick to a format. Always stick to the formatting style provided by the professor. The same way is with the deadline. You won’t be allowed to present your paper, even if it is a perfectly written one, after the deadline. So, check the due date and word length of your assignment. How to be sure you will be able to do everything in time? The best way is to start early. Do not procrastinate, or learn how to write a last-minute paper
Generally speaking, writing a uni assignment shouldn’t freak you out. To complete writing you should at least start doing it. So, the main advice here is probably not to procrastinate. Jump into writing at least a day after getting your assignment. And don’t forget to use the tips mentioned in this article to make the writing process a lot easier.