Audio Renderer Error, Please restart your computer. While playing YouTube videos in the browser, users often come over this error message, “Audio renderer error, Please restart your computer“. If you have lately installed an update and rearranged the audio equipment, you may notice this error.
It can display up on any Windows version and any web browser. The good news is, this YouTube error “Audio renderer error, Please restart your computer” can be fixed and quite quickly.
Method 1: Through Device Manager
- Step 1: Hold the Windows key + X concurrently on your keyboard to uncover the context menu.
- Step 2: From the menu, choose Device Manager.
- Step 3: Scroll below to discover Sound, video, and game controllers, in the Device Manager window. Tap on the arrow on its left to develop the section.
- Step 4: Choose the default audio output from the list. Here, we chose Realtek High Definition Audio. Now, right-click on it and pick Disable device from the right-click menu.
- Step 5: Now, right-tap on the default audio device repeatedly, and choose Enable from the right-click menu.
Now, restart the computer and attempt playing the YouTube videos repeatedly in the browser. The audio should now operate fine without any glitches. If the problem continues, attempt the 2nd method.
Method 2: Through Sound Properties
- Step 1: Continue to the Start button (Windows icon) placed on the bottom left of your desktop. Right-tap on it to open the right-click menu.
- Step 2: From the right-click menu, pick Run to initiate the Run command.
- Step 3: Now, write mmsys.cpl in the search box and click Enter to start the Sound properties dialogue box.
- Step 4: Under the Playback tab control, you have set the audio device you want as the default device.
- Step 5: Now, pick the Recording tab, and verify if the desired device is set as the default device.
- Step 6: If you need to place any other Playback or Recording device as the default device, select it and press the Set Default button towards the window’s base, in the Sound dialogue box.
- Step 7: However, if you still have an issue, pick the wanted Playback or Recording device, and left-tap on the Properties button.
- Step 8: In the Properties dialogue box, proceed to the Advanced tab and according to Default Format, established the sample rate based on the character you need.
You can hold the Test button next to it to control the quality. Once done, tap Apply and then OK to save the changes.
That’s all. This should solve the error, and you can now play YouTube videos without any problems.