Activation watermark appears on the desktop when you don’t activate the copy of Windows 10 once the 90-day trial period is over. It may also happen is that you still see this watermark even when you have activated Windows 10.
In such a case, if you are thinking how to remove the Windows 10 activation watermark permanently, this article will help you out. Follow the given easy methods for getting the activation watermark to go in no time at all.
Solution-1 Modify Registry
Changing the value of the ‘Start ‘key will solve the issue.
- Tap on the Search box and type “Regedit “.
- Tap on “Registry Editor” to open it on the computer.
- Never forget to save the backup at an accessible place for retrieving the registry. It can be done by merely importing the backup in case of any mishappening.
- On the left-hand side in the Registry Editor window, navigate to the location-
- Double click on “Start” DWORD on the right-hand side, value to modify it.
- Set ‘Value Data ‘to “4” and click on “OK” to save the computer’s changes.
- Close Registry Editor window and Reboot computer, and the watermark will be gone.
Solution-2 Running a batch file
Create and run a batch file on the computer to kill the watermark process.
- Type “Notepad” in the search box.
- Click on “Notepad “.
- Copy-paste following commands in the Notepad.
- @echo off
- taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- start explorer.exe
- Press on “File” in the menu-bar to tap on “Save as “.
- Name the file as “watermark.bat “. Choose the location of choice to save a batch file.
- Choose ‘Save as type: ‘as “All Files” from the drop-down.
- Tap on “Save” to save the file on the computer. Go to the location you have saved the batch file.
- Double tap on the “Watermark” batch file to execute it on computer.
Get the activation message has gone from the screen. While rebooting the computer, the activation message will pop up again. If you want to program Windows to run the watermark batch file follow these steps automatically-
- Tap on the Search box beside the Windows icon and write “Task Scheduler “.
- Tap on “Task Scheduler” from the elevated Search result to open Task Scheduler.
- In the Task Scheduler window, tap on “Create Basic Task… “on the right-hand side.
- Name it as “Watermark “.
- Press on “Next” to proceed.
- Select “When the computer starts” as the frequency of when the task is happening.
- Press on “Next” to move on.
- Select “Start a program “.
- Tap on “Next” to proceed to select the program.
- Tap on “Browse “.
- Navigate to the location stored the “watermark.bat” file.
- Choose “watermark” to tap on “Open “.
- Tap on “Next “.
- Tap on “Finish” to schedule the task. After this, the batch file will run automatically to remove watermark during startup whenever the computer is started.
Solution-3 Modifying the registry
Continue to see a watermark on the computer, try the following steps-
- Tap the Windows icon for accessing the Search box and type “Regedit “.
- Press “Registry Editor” for accessing the editor.
- After opening Registry Editor, go to the given location-
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Double click on the “PaintDesktopVersion” value on the right-hand side, for modifying it.
- Tap the ‘Value data: ‘to “0 ” in the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window.
- Press “OK” to save the changes on computer and close Registry Editor window when it is completed.
Restart the computer after rebooting the computer, the watermark issue will be resolved.