Beginners cannot use professional video editing tools that are available on the market. Their interface is quite tricky, and it is very challenging for a beginner to handle it. It is a must to spend time learning the video editor before using it. Some video editors even require several months or years for mastery, which is a problem for beginners.
Fortunately, there are many video editors on the market that are specifically created for beginners. In this article, we will have a look at some of the best video editors for beginners. Let’s start.
Table of content:
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Hitfilm Express
- DaVinci Resolve
Filme is on the top of our list because of its stunning and exciting features. This software is designed for beginners to edit videos in a professional way. It is available for Windows and macOS.
filme video editor
Beginners can download and install this all-in-one professional software. Even if you have never used a video editor before, you can use Filme without any hassle. It has a simple interface, and there are tons of guides available on the website. Beginners can install this tool and start editing their videos.
Filme is a versatile video editor and contains various tools that can be used for other purposes. It offers a slideshow maker, video converter, PPT to video converter, voice changer, video resizer, screen recorder, and a lot more.
- The interface is very simple and easy to understand.
- It can be used to cut, trim, crop, split, adjust speed, change color, and do other edits.
- You can enjoy various astonishing effects, filters, transitions, emojis, and stickers to edit videos.
- Filme is also a real-time voice changer and can change your original voice while recording.
- It has a collection of music tracks and sound effects in the music library. You can add them to your videos.
- You can save your output file in many formats. Moreover, you can upload the video directly to different social platforms.
- To enjoy additional features, you will have to pay for them.
- It is a paid video editor, so you will also have watermarks in your videos.
InVideo is a web-based video editor platform to edit with perfection and make videos more than amazing. This video editing software is among the best-rated online editing software. Due to the simplicity and straightforward interface, it is perfect for beginners.
This software contains bundles of built-in templates for different purposes. There are 500+ templates available to create video ads, intros, logo reveals, slideshows, video testimonials, presentations, invites, collages, etc. The best part is that there is no need to download or install it on your device; open your browser, log in to your account, and you are good to go.
- There are hundreds of free built-in templates
- You can use built-in text, effects, filters, music, stickers, overlays, and marks.
- This software can also add your designed logos to your videos.
- You can get premium stock from Shutterstock and story block libraries.
- It supports several languages.
- Internet connection is a must.
- Demands prices for premium features
When it comes to editing videos on macOS, iMovie is an uncomplicated option for users. It is a nonlinear video editor to cut, trim, split, add, remove, and make other changes to the videos. iMovie is intuitive and specially designed by keeping beginners in mind. The interface is very simple and contains handy tools and features. Anyone can easily start a video editing journey by using it, and with a little bit of experience, he/she can edit the video in a professional way.
- It is a quick video editor.
- Superb editing tools are available
- iMovie is free for macOS and iOS.
- Allows layering of photos, videos, and audio.
- iMovie is integrated with Facebook and YouTube.
- Only for macOS and iOS devices
- Limited color grading features
4) Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe tools are well-known in the market, but they were considered to be extraordinarily difficult for beginners. Therefore, Adobe has introduced Adobe Premiere Elements, which allows users to make stunning videos. It is easy to use and allows its users to use Keyframe and multi-track editing without any hassle. The supporting formats and processing speed of this software make beginners addicted to it.
- It has a simple interface.
- It is powered by AI technology that can help you edit and organize your media.
- Adobe Premiere Element is easy to use.
- A lot of video effects are available.
- Tutorials are available.
- It does not support 3D editing and 360-degree VR.
- There is no screen recording feature.
- It is a paid editor.
5) Hitfilm Express
This is all-in-one video editing software for editing videos and adding audio or visual effects to media. It has a stylish interface and advanced features that attract everyone who needs a professional editor at a low budget. It is available for Windows and macOS users. For beginners, it is a good option because of the tutorials it offers.
- Available for both Mac and Windows platforms.
- It provides Masking and Layering techniques.
- It offers animation of 3D models.
- It has advanced screen stimulation and tracking features.
- You can add lighting effects, visual effects, 3D effects, and audio effects to your media files.
- It is a paid software; you will need to pay after using the trial period.
- It requires efficient hardware for proper functioning.
6) DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci is a combined solution for video editing, color corrections, audio production, motion graphics, and visual effects. It is an advanced tool that can take video editing to the next level. It has an elegant and modern interface that is super easy to learn and understand by new users. It allows you to work fast and produce high-quality videos because of all the built-in advanced features.
- The interface is very intuitive and elegant.
- It has a face detecting feature for sorting media files.
- It offers 3D visual and sound effects.
- Require low supporting systems.
- Many features and functions are locked behind the premium version.
- It does not support importing MKV files.
Shotcut is also a video editor for converting simple videos to professional ones. It is for all types of users: Beginners, Intermediate, and Experts. It can be used for cutting, merging, trimming, and splitting videos on a timeline. This software needs a learning curve for beginners to perform well, but it is very easy to understand. You can get familiar with all tools after using them a few times. It is available for all types of OS.
- It has an excellent input and export system.
- This software allows exporting a single frame as an image.
- The editing format is user-friendly.
- It works smoothly.
- Less intuitive as compared to others.
- Transition effects are limited.
Video editing is becoming necessary for the majority nowadays. All gamers, vloggers, videographers, YouTubers, marketers, and graphic designers need video editing software for perfect editing.
Beginners need a simple, straightforward, and time-saving video editor. We have discussed the best tools and software that are perfect to start your video editing career. We recommend Filme as it is a beginner-friendly tool with tons of features. It is a simple yet advanced video editor with all the tools you need. You can enjoy video editing with Filme and create eye-catching videos in no time.