Firefox is a powerful web ally who makes browsing enjoyable. There are of course thousands of add-ons, plug-ins and enhancements – making it tough to know which are worth installing. We’ve picked ten of the best to get you started…
1. DownThemAll! – This is a powerful easy to use file download manager or accelerator extension for Mozilla Firefox. You can refine downloads by fully customizable criteria. It allows you to pause and resume downloads at any time.
2. Adblock Plus – Adblock Plus is the best and most flexible blocker which stops the annoying banners, overlays and pop-ups and lets you browse without interruption.
3. Video DownloadHelper – DownloadHelper is an easy way to discover Web videos from all around the world. This free Firefox extension lets you download and convert videos from various websites with minimum effort. You can even capture all the images from a gallery in a single operation.
4. NoScript – There are so many things that a web browser can do that could potentially be ‘hijacked’ for malicious purposes. NoScript prevents ALL scripts running by default. NoScript is a free and open-source extension for Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, and other Mozilla-based web browsers.
5. Xmarks Sync – Xmarks is the best bookmarking and open tab add-on. This lets you keep your bookmarks, and open tabs backed up and synchronized across computers and browsers.
6. Ghostery – Ghostery is a free privacy browser extension which detects and control the invisible web – tags, web bugs, pixels and other objects that are embedded in a web page, to collection the data on the user’s browsing habits. It lets you to block scripts from companies that you don’t trust, delete local shared objects, and even block images and iframes.
8. ScrapBook – ScrapBook is a Firefox extension, which lets you to save Web pages and easily manage collections. Lightness, speed, accuracy and multi-language support are its key features. Other major features includes saving Web page, saving snippet of Web page, saving Websites, organizing the collection, Full text search and quick filtering, Editing of the collected Web page and Text/HTML edit feature resembling Opera’s Notes.
9. Tab Mix Plus – Tab Mix Plus is a Mozilla Firefox extension that enhances the tabbed browsing functions in Firefox. It includes various features such as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.
10. All-in-One Gestures – This is a Mozilla Firefox extension that helps you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling.
Leave your comments!!!!