When you think of towels, you think of something really soft. Now, every once in a while, we get scammed by those addictive tv commercials about softeners. They present them in a way that makes you think that it’s going to do wonders for you clothes, keeping them soft, clean and smelling amazing. But, that’s not the case always.
The washed laundry can be soft and without the use of conventional industrial softeners. These are some of the ways to achieve this. These tips and tricks will come in handy even for saving some pennies, too.
- Add half a cup of baking soda in a glass of water. Pour the resulting solution into the softener compartment in the washing machine. Perhaps the clothes will not smell as intense as you are used to, but it will be extremely soft, since baking soda, the best of all ingredients, softens water.
If you’re thinking of getting some new towels, here are some towels on sale that you can check out! And if you want to buy a complete bath towel sets, Mizu Towel will be a great choice for you. Mizu luxury bath antibacterial towel sets are made with antibacterial technology and comes with Self-cleaning silver fibers and Color-changing bacteria detection.. These hyper-absorbent towels are created with the finest Japanese design. You can also get 70% discount on your purchase now!
- Adding a glass of vinegar to a softener compartment will make the wardrobe soft and refreshed with the smell, although this will not be as effective as the baking soda. This method of alternative weight softening is most popular. You do not need to be afraid of the scent of vinegar, it completely disappears when washing. You can also add a few drops of essential oil to it.
- One of the most unusual methods is inserting a ball of aluminum foil ball into the machine, but they should be avoided on sensitive items.
- Some people, instead of the softener, insert the tennis or rubber balls into the drying machine. This method is not particularly popular because it can cause problems in people who are allergic to latex, and it is not the best solution for sensitive pieces of clothing.
- Of course, you can always opt for a natural base softener that you can find in most well-equipped health food stores.
Regardless of what type of softener you choose, it always best to go for natural products. Not only, they are environmentally safe, they are also safe for your health. Another thing to keep in mind is that towels are used regularly and can pick up a lot of dirt and bacteria. Therefore, it’s crucial that you wash them properly to eliminate any kind of bacteria that was left before washing. The market today offers a huge variety of clothing softeners but it’s always best to avoid using anything chemical.