The choice of a cannabidiol product can compare to walking in a field of landmines. The choices may be confusing and overwhelming, especially with the steady flow of fake products. To get the best CBD balm, users should remember the following precautions.
These points include:
· The presence of THC and other cannabinoids – If users want to buy a full-spectrum product, it is important to ensure that these components are present. Counterfeit products would not have these components in their description.
· Ingredients – Balms may contain other components to ensure their preservation and their fragrance. This must be checked to ensure that there are no allergens present.
· Strength – There are various strengths of the balm, depending on the condition that the user wishes to treat.
· Available studies and legalities on the website – The brand should have a certificate to state that they are licensed to sell cannabidiol products.
According to research from Forbes, these are the best cannabidiol balms:
· Wildflower cool stick
· Populum cold therapy hemp rub
· Baskin body wellness cream
· Onyx + rose broad-spectrum bliss balm
See more at: https://www.cbd4uk.co.uk/cbd-balm
An Overview on CBD Balms
A collective group of cannabidiol balm users have reported a smooth and pleasant experience on their skin. However, this will not guarantee these effects for every individual, as pinpointing the exact experience with a balm would be difficult. The user’s experience will depend on various factors, such as total dosage, ingredients such as essential oils, which variant of cannabidiol and individual differences.
The core ingredients that these balms contain include:
· CBD extract
· Natural wax, such as beeswax
· Fatty oil base
· Other ingredients such as essential oils and fragrances
CBD balm is usually thicker than ointments, as it contains a high amount of wax. This consistency provides more benefits to the skin than ointments. Lotions and ointments have a lower wax content, which makes them closer to a liquid.
A concentrated, thick balm remains on the skin’s surface for an extended amount of time, which keeps it moisturized for longer. This is why the balm is best for the treatment of dry skin and tender muscles. Users are open to three main variants of balms.
The three main types are:
· Full-spectrum balm- Containing all plant components provides better analgesia from everyday intense aches and pains. These components include 113 cannabinoids (including THC) and terpenes. There is only 0.3% of THC present in this balm.
· Broad-spectrum balm- Contains all the cannabinoids except THC.
· Isolate balm- Contains pure cannabidiol and no other cannabinoids.
What Types of Pain does CBD Balms Help with?
Cannabidiol is noted for its various effects on the body, with one of them being pain relief. As a result, it has become a part of various routines and found in cabinets worldwide. The use of topical, non-invasive cannabidiol can be applied directly to the affected area to effectively relieve pain for longer than other ointments.
Experts have deduced the following list of pains that the compound can successfully treat. They include:
- Headaches/migraines – This is intense pain that occurs at the temples of the head. It can range in intensities and can last for up to a week. Massaging cannabidiol balm to the temples of the head can provide notable relief.
- Arthritis pain – It commonly affects older patients, who usually have issues with tolerating pain pharmaceuticals. However, the compound’s ability to reduce inflammation can reduce tenderness. The balm should be applied directly to the affected area.
- Muscle soreness/tenderness – Applying cannabidiol balms can cause the muscles to relax and promote faster cell recovery. Therefore, it can be used by fitness enthusiasts for reduced inflammation, loosening of tight muscles and targeted pain relief.
- Pain and inflammation from skin conditions – Certain skin conditions, such as rashes, acne, eczema, can cause discomfort. The cooling sensation of this balm can reduce redness and the inflammation that may be associated with these conditions.
How does CBD Balm for Pain Work?
One of cannabidiol’s most prominent benefits is its successful treatment of both muscle soreness and skin conditions. This is because the compound penetrates the dermal and subdermal layers of the skin, which allows it to reach further than just the skin’s surface.
Cannabidiol works by activating the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which controls the sensations of pain and pleasure. This is done by attaching to cell receptors in the skin, muscle tissue and nerves. Therefore, it can ease both inflammation and pain.
Research supports the claim that phytocannabinoids such as cannabidiol interacts with receptors and enzymes within the skin that modulates pain and inflammation. The skin is quite thick, so when CBD balm is applied, it soaks into the skin but does not reach the bloodstream.
It affects the CB1 receptors and also interacts with other receptor families such as TRPV receptors, COX-1/2 and others. The interactions with all these receptors, cannabidiol can regulate the pain and inflammatory response.
Applying this balm to the skin can solve skin problems, such as contact dermatitis and psoriasis and pain and inflammation. In-depth research also found that the compound prevents the sebocytes from producing too much sebum- which is the leading cause of acne.
CBD Balm for Pain can Also Improve Sleep
There is nothing worse than getting into bed after a long day and not being able to fall asleep. Whether the mind is racing or the body cannot wind down, difficulties falling asleep can take a toll on any individual.
Before opting for sleeping pills, something natural, such as cannabidiol sleep balm, can help with a better night’s rest. The calming aroma of essential oils and CBD can assist in promoting sleep. Various studies and clinical trials have proved the compound’s ability in relieving anxiety and stress, which happen to be the common culprits behind sleeping difficulties.
While it is normal for individuals to choose to take cannabidiol in capsule/tablet form, CBD balms are gentle, non-invasive to wind down at night. Any amount can be applied, and it can also be used in restless children to improve their sleep.
However, it is always best to start with a small amount with gradual increases to figure out the correct amount. It should be applied about 30 minutes before bedtime. The best places to put the balm is on the temples, bottoms of the feet, arms, chest and neck.