Things to Expect During the Teeth Whitening Procedure
Understanding teeth whitening procedure
Teeth whitening procedure is the process of whitening your teeth to get rid of their pale-brown discoloration. Professional teeth whitening is an effective and safe procedure done by an expert in that field. Teeth whitening is the dental procedure done to make your teeth appear naturally whitened, to save you from the embarrassment occurring due to stained and uncleaned teeth.
Finding the right dental professional for whitening treatment can be exhausting. In the lack of information about the procedure, unnecessary doubts and fear are also originated.
You must always look for a professional and experienced dentist, with a competent team that works together for this procedure like the one present at Artis Dental. The more efficient your dentist, the less side effect you will suffer due to incompetency, after the completion of the procedure. There are multiple benefits of the teeth whitening procedure some of them includes:
- White and bright teeth
- Looking youthful
- Improving self-confidence
- Encouraging people to smile more
- Better career opportunities
- Makes you feel more attractive
- No more shaming and embarrassment
Before you decide to whiten your teeth, get complete information about the procedure so that you can relax during the procedure.
Types of teeth whitening procedure
There are three common types of teeth whitening procedures
- Teeth Whitening Toothpaste: The toothpaste is filled with mild abrasives so that your teeth can be cleaned. These toothpastes use a polishing agent specifically designed to clean and whiten your teeth. Therefore, it is necessary to brush your teeth at least twice a day to maintain hygiene. However, these toothpaste aims to reduce and remove the stains from your teeth to make them appear whitened. These kinds of toothpaste take a considerable time to show their effect to clean the stains from your natural teeth. Even then the effect can only be observed if you choose to get rid of bad habits, such as smoking, excessive coffee intake, Tobacco intake, etc.
- Teeth Whitening Gels and Strips: Teeth whitening products include peroxide-based gels as well. Gels must be applied to the teeth as instructed, for the best results. These effects usually last up to 4 months of duration. Whitening strips also work similarly. These have peroxide-based gel usage. These are applied to your teeth twice a day for 30 minutes. You have to apply these for 2 weeks roughly before you will see the effects.
- Teeth Bleaching treatment by the dentist: It is the most popular and effective teeth whitening procedure. The dentist uses a bleaching agent that is more potent than the usual whitening agents. They also make sure that these products do not affect your gums negatively. They also use buffers to protect your tooth enamel. Results are immediate within a 30-60 minute seating. The results often last up to one year or more.
What to expect at a dentist?
When you get your appointment for the procedure, a lip retractor is placed in your mouth to keep it open. The dentist then covers your gums for protection. The inside of your mouth is painted with a mucopurulent gel. As you won’t be able to speak for a while, ask for a notepad and pen for communication as this bleaching session starts.
He will paint your teeth with peroxide gel on each tooth. After that, a high-intensity light is streamed over them for 20minutes for the activation process of chemical treatment. The light is turned off after the activation process is over. After this, the hygienist will apply a new coat. The treatment includes three to four rounds each for the procedure.
The session will last for about 2 hours each. If the patient experiences sensitivity and discomfort, the rounds will be cut down.