Susan Boyle who first came into limelight through Britains’s Got Talent television show in 2009, and now a renowned singer made headlines after losing 50 pounds.
Swipe down to read her remarkable weight loss transformation story.
Everybody desires to look slim and healthy. But, for Susan, there was one more big reason to lose weight. Since childhood, she suffered from Asperger’s syndrome. It is a disease cause that causes lack of oxygen supply to the brain. She was overweight and in 2012 was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Her doctors warned her that her illness may have a detrimental effect on her health and may prevent her to perform live again. After being declared diabetic, Susan decided to take her health seriously. Her primary aim was to manage the blood sugar level but, the adopted healthy lifestyle also gifted her incredible weight loss.
To achieve the desired weight, Susan took three significant steps:
- Excluding sugar- Susan Boyle after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes was asked to eliminate sugar entirely from her diet. Diabetes is a health condition where either the body is unable to produce insulin or becomes resistant to insulin. This is why sugar remains unused and gets stored as fat in the body. Also, it deteriorated the metabolism of the body.
To avoid sugar, Susan stopped consuming the following foods:
- Energy drinks, soda, packed fruit and vegetable
- Refined sugar such as white sugar and corn syrup
- Artificial sugar such as NutraSweet and Splenda
- White paste, white bread
- Breakfast cereals
- Processed foods
- Pasteries, candies, ice creams and cakes
- Sauces, salad dressing, ketchup
Well, so much to exclude then what was she allowed to eat. Below is the list:
- Fresh fruits- fruits contain natural sugars, are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals and low in sugars. Fruits boost body immunity and improves metabolism. Whole fruits are more preferred than fruit juice as they also contain fibre.
- Dark brown sugar- Dark brown sugar or cane sugar is healthy and less processed than artificial sugar.
- Vegetables- Vegetables are rich in fibre and low in carbs (Potatoes without skin are an exception). Vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins. They improve digestion and flushes out the body toxins.
- Exercise– To shed flab, regular exercise is essential. Susan walked 2 miles in a day. As Boyle was about to turn 50 years old when she decided to dedicate time to workout, she needed to choose a low impact exercise that was easy on her joints, and so she chose walking. Regular walking lowers the blood sugar level, lowers the risk of diabetes, mobilizes fat cells, reduce belly fat and improve body’s composition.
- Garcinia cambogia Supplement– Garcinia Cambogia is tart fruit. It is a tropical fruit that grows in Southeast Asia. The pulp of the fruit has a tamarind flavour. It suppresses appetite, keeps energy level up, uplifts the mood by increasing the level of serotonin, improves metabolism and burns fat.
Garcinia Cambogia supplements are made from the extract from the fruit’s rind.
This amazing weight loss pill contains Hydroxycitric Acid that inhibits enzyme citrate lyase (Citrate lyase catalysis the metabolic process of converting excess carbs into fat). Thus, it prevents the formation of fat.
By adopting these three easy steps, Susan managed to lose weight. She is now happier and slimmer.
Susan has proved that success kisses your feet if you stay determined. But yes, health should always be your priority. After all, health is wealth. So, switch on to an active lifestyle, eat healthily and get fit.