Bad hair day is an actual thing! Isn’t it? Does that bouncy and bountiful mane models flaunt in hair care ads seem like a far-fetched dream to you? We all agree. Most of them do run a bit overboard.
1. Wash Hair Regularly: Cleaning your Hair regularly guarantees that your scalp and hair is clear of dirt and excess oil. However, the suitable recurrence depends on your hair type and personal favourites. For example, if you have dehydrated Hair, check your washing to double a week. On the other hand, cleaning your hair on alternate days can help if you have an oily scalp.
2. Use Chemical Free Shampoos: Lesser the number of chemicals in your shampoo, healthier your Hair. Instead, go for gentle shampoos that satisfy your hair type. Sulfates and parabens in shampoos are applied for lathering and preserving, respectively, but they can cause skin irritation over time and raise the risk of hormonal disruptions.
3. Condition Correctly: Your conditioner comprises ingredients that deliver the Hair fall straight and manageable. It guards your hair against environmental aggressors and heat styling. However, it should be administered only on the tips of the Hair and not on your scalp. Also, ensure to rinse it off completely post-application.
4. Dry Hair Naturally: Blow drying gives your Hair a beautiful look like that of an on-screen idol. But extreme heat styling can ruin your hair scalp. Limit it to significant events if you must style. Towel or air drying after shampoo is the most reliable way to go. Never sleep in wet hair. Never comb damp hair. Severe rubbing with a towel can harm the cuticle of your hair. Be gentle.
5. Oil Hair Properly: Pre-shampoo procedures like oiling and massaging increase blood circulation on the scalp, unwind your muscles, heighten shine and nourish the Hair. It also rebuilds moisture content, enables hair growth, and rehabilitates split ends. You can pick from olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil and the likes. Withdraw using mineral oil on your Hair.
6. Wide-toothed Comb: Wet hair is weak and prone to breakage. Let your hair dry, and apply a wide-toothed comb to stroke your hair. This kind of comb prevents damage to the Hair.
Also check: Organic Shampoos for Color-Treated Hair
7. Style Hair Naturally: Who does not love those impressive curls or elegant waves? But you can accomplish these without fixing your Hair through heat. If you still need to administer a curler or straightener or a blow dryer, spend on a good heat protectant serum first.
8. Trim Hair Regularly: Trim hair within 6-8 weeks to get rid of split ends. Split ends grow when the Hair is damaged because of pollution, smoking, stress, etc. Trimming does not magically create the hair to grow faster. Hair growth appears at the scalp level, but trimming guarantees healthy Hair.
9. Drink More Water: Internal hydration linked with external hydration is the core to well-balanced and healthy Hair. You may be working hydrating hair care products and oils, but drinking at least 3 litres of water each day guarantees good hair health.
10. Eat Healthily: Go on repeating, ‘you are everything you eat. The hair is composed of proteins and amino acids. So it requires conventional nutrition to grow well and maintain itself. Eggs, fish, green leafy vegetables, berries, nuts, sweet potatoes are many great foods for healthy hair.
11. Use Hair Caps/hats: Just as daylight has a damaging consequence on your skin, it also pertains to your hair. Harsh sun rays can extract the moisture from your hair, leaving it dry, brittle and degraded with time. Use caps or hats while stepping out to protect your Hair from this damage. Also, protect your Hair with hair or shower caps when you are in a swimming pool. Chlorinated water is terrible for your Hair.
12. Use Hair Bands: We love flaunting open Hair but use hair bands to limit hair exposure to environmental aggressors. Use fabric hair ties rather than plastic ones. Don’t stretch your hair too strong when creating a ponytail or any other hairdo.
13. Use Old T-shirt or A Hair Wrap To Dry: A t-shirt can be utilised to dry your wet hair without creating any damage to the Hair. Traditional towels are harsh on your hair cuticles and damage your hair over time. So save up your soft, old t-shirts from now on!
1. Hot Showers: Hot showers peel off the natural oils from the scalp, making it dry and flaky. Cold showers are the best bet.
2. Stress: If you see someone with solid Hair, we can bet the lives and state that they trouble a little less. Stress can make hair fall and unhealthy hair.
3. Chemicals: Chemicals from dying, perming, and other hair treatments transform your Hair follicles, disrupt hair growth, and drive hair fall.
4. Hair Styling Products: Heat styling utilising straighteners, blow dryers and curlers for lengthened periods changes hair texture, tends to become dry and prone to breakage.
5. Salt Water Hair Wash: Saltwater hurts the hair cuticle, disturb the scalp, and tangles the hair. Evade chlorinated water in swimming pools.
So by applying chemical-free products designed for your hair type, consuming right, avoiding heat styling and comprehending all the above tips, you can bid poor hair days goodbye! But most importantly, if you encounter excessive hair fall and loss despite obeying a good hair care routine, ask your doctor. And Hair or no Hair, praise yourself nevertheless.