Why Green Tea is a Miracle for the Health?
Once you get the morning call, you trot over to your kitchen and make yourself a cup of green tea. When you feel drowsy, you order the same for yourself. You order for a cup of green tea in a cafeteria while your friends take coffee or something else.
If someone asks you why what you will say?
It’s good for health or taking green tea instead of other beverages is a part of your healthy routine- this is what you will probably say. However, have you ever wondered why green tea is getting so much popular? Is it only because it is said that the tea is less harmful than normal tea or even coffee.
If you are still staggering in the dark, wondering what could be the health benefits of the tea, then here are some of the green tea benefits for you!
It contains bioactive compounds
Green tea is rich in different kinds of bioactive components that help in treating many health problems. These compounds account for the medicinal value of the tea.
- Polyphenols act as anti-inflammatory substances. They act on the inflammations and reduces them. These compounds also help in fighting mutagenic substances in the body.
- Catechins act as anti-oxidants and prevent the generation of free radicals in the body. It also prevents the cell damage and promotes cell regeneration.
- The tea is a hub of minerals that help in preventing many deficiency diseases.
It makes the brain works faster
Green tea is very much effective in making the brain works faster and helps in charging the neurotransmissions at a faster rate.
- The caffeine present in the tea acts as a stimulant. It lowers the amount of the inhibitory neurotransmitter, Adenosine. As a result, it increases the transmission of the electrical pulses between the neurons.
- Caffeine also increases the release of beneficial neurotransmitters like dopamine and nor-epinephrine.
- The amino acid, L-theanine acts as a catalyst, speeding up the action of the anti-anxiety neurotransmitter, GABA.
It helps in burning fat and speeds up metabolism
This particular action of green tea varies from one individual to the other. But in most of the cases, it has shown positive reports in reducing the excess fat from the body and also in increasing the metabolic rate.
It maintains the dental health
Catechins present in green tea inhibit the growth of Streptococcus mutans in the teeth. This is the primary bacteria, which causes a foul smell in the mouth, rancidity, destruction of the enamel, and in extreme cases plaques. Consumption of green tea will improve the health of your teeth.
It promotes a healthy heart
Reports from the Harvard University have shown that green tea benefits in alleviating the cardiac risks.
- The catechins present in it reduce the oxidant molecules in the blood and thus helps the cardiac muscles to stay healthy.
- This tea reduces the level of LDL cholesterol in the blood, thereby reducing the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
It boosts the immunity
Green tea is said to be one of the finest immunity boosters.
- The organic complex of EGCGs help in the faster production of the immunity T-cells. As a result, it lowers the risk of auto-immune diseases.
- Catechins boost the body’s protective system by reducing the number of oxidants, free radicals, and any other harmful substance.