All across India, the egg is one of the favorite non-vegetarian dishes that take a prime place on the dining table. Rich in protein and other nutrients, this particular ingredient is used in different ways to prepare a delicious dish.
Scrambled egg, boiled eggs, and these type of dishes are quite common. Why don’t you try something at par with the egg dishes you usually eat at the restaurants? After all, the kitchen is yours and being the master chef of your home, cooking something drool-worthy will be remarkable.
So, here are the best egg recipes for you to cook the next time you are planning on a special dinner menu!
EGG BUTTER MASALA- serves 2
- Four hard-boiled eggs
- One and half tablespoons of butter
- Half cup onion chopped finely
- Half cup chopped tomato
- Ten to twelve cashews
- Two cloves
- One cardamom
- One cinnamon bark
- Half teaspoon of red chili powder
- Quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- One teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of garam masala
- Quarter teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- Salt as required
- One tablespoon of cream
- Coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- After adding the butter to a pan, fry the boiled eggs until they gain the golden brown color.
- After that, add the onions, tomatoes, and cashews to the same pan.
- Once the onions will attain golden brown color and the tomatoes will soften, add the salt followed by turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Sauté the mixture for five to six minutes and then remove it from the flame.
- Once the cooked mixture will cool down, transfer it to a blender and add the three-fourth cup of water.
- Take a pan and add a three-fourth tablespoon of butter.
- Add cardamom, clove, and the cinnamon to the butter and sauté the whole spices for 30 seconds.
- Once the aroma will hit your nostrils, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté the mixture for a minute.
- After that add the blended paste and quarter cup water.
- Turn the flame to medium heat and then cook the mixture for seven to ten minutes until oil rises up.
- Add kasuri methi and then cook for two minutes.
- Add the eggs to the mixture and cover the pan. Allow the mixture to cook for a minimum of five minutes.
- Add the cream and mix it well in the mixture until the color lightens.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add the chopped coriander leaves over it.
POPPY SEED SAUCE EGG RECIPE-serves 4
- Eight boiled eggs
- One teaspoon of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, pinch of roasted cumin powder and red chili powder
- One tablespoon of oil, and jaggery
- One-eighth teaspoon of roasted methi power
- Two and a half tablespoons of poppy seeds roasted and blended in a thick paste
- One-fourth cup of tamarind extract
- Salt as required
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in one pan and then add the eggs. Sauté them till they turn a fine golden color
- Remove the eggs and then add the mustard seeds.
- After they stop sizzling, add the cumin seeds and then cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste then and cook for 2 minutes till the aroma comes out.
- Then add the turmeric, red chilli, roasted cumin powder, methi powder, salt as desired, and the coriander powder. Mix them well with the paste.
- Add two cups of water and allow the mixture to come to boil.
- Add the poppy seed paste, tamarind extract, and the jaggery. Cook the mixture for around three minutes.
- Add the eggs and then cover it with the lid. Let the mixture simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Take it off the flame and then add the chopped coriander leaves.