Ladies do you know that in comparison to men you are more at the risk of developing reproductive-health related issues and are twice as likely to experience mood swings, depression and anxiety.
Since menarche to childbearing age to menopause, a female body goes through lots of hormonal transitions and experience fluctuations in physical and emotional symptoms.
In women of reproductive age, these symptoms are associated with the cyclical rhythm of their menstrual cycle, pregnancy and postpartum. The symptoms include bloatedness, fatigue, breast tenderness, irritability and mood lability etc.
On the other hand females above 50 years of age due to menopause experience hot flashes, depression, mood swings, fatigue, indigestion, night sweating etc.
The severity of these symptoms ranges from mild to severe to debilitating.
The most obvious solution to balance the level of hormones and help you get rid of associated negative physical and mental symptoms is yoga.
So ladies unroll your mat and experience the amazing benefits of yoga for women.
Why Is Yoga Popular
Well, no doubt yoga is key to a healthier and happier life, for both men and women. It is the best technique to cleanse your mind and body. It involves physical poses and breathing that increases mind-body awareness, cultivates acceptance of thoughts, emotions and sensations and promotes physical movements. Regular yoga practice stimulates the relaxation process (parasympathetic nervous system) and reduces tension and stress, helps you navigate unpleasant feeling, boosts energy level and mental health.
The best part of practising yoga is that it does not make you stretch yourself unnecessary beyond your limits. Your muscles become flexible as well as strong at its own pace.
Benefits of Yoga For Women
Some aspects of yoga are primarily for women support. It eases uterine contractions. The asanas performed increases the blood flow to reproductive systems and balances the level of hormones. Studies have proved that the lifespan of females who practice yoga is more than non-practitioner. Learn below how yoga offers women joy, solace and ease in their bodies.
- Menstruation- Most of the women experiences pain, cramps and discomfort before the onset of menstruation and during the periods. Other symptoms include a headache, depression, discomfort, insomnia and irritability. Regular yoga practice alleviates all these problems.
- Boost sex life– Studies published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine says that 12-week yoga improves women sexual drive along with enhancing the quality of their orgasm.
- Pregnancy- Practising yoga during pregnancy reduces the perception of pain during labour. It also reduces the physical discomfort that women experience during pregnancy and labour. Many females experience depressive episodes during gestation which may be lead to complications during labor, spontaneous abortion and preeclampsia. Prenatal yoga reduces stress and depression. It reduces the risk of gestational hypertension, and preeclampsia.
- Postpartum health– Motherhood is a beautiful journey, but this transition has a significant impact on relationships and works life. Due to the decreased physical activity following childbirth, women gain weight and is emotionally torn. Postpartum yoga helps you lose weight and helps you to cultivate social functioning and achieve vitality. It promotes self-efficacy and counteracts inactivity. Yoga not only helps you regain the pre-pregnancy shape easily and faster but also strengthen the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles.
- Menopause– Between 45 to 55 years of age female body enters the perimenopausal phase to menopause. Menopause is a cessation of ovarian function. It is the end of the female reproductive age. It is the phase when there is a marked fluctuation in estrogen and progesterone levels, and this leads to symptom such as fatigue, night sweating, hot flashes, mood swings, loss of libido, pain etc. These symptoms persist for many years. Yoga can effectively reduce these unwanted symptoms. The restorative postures activate the parasynthetic nervous system and improve the function of endocrine supporting the body in adapting hormonal fluctuations.
- Protects spine– During pregnancy, due to increased weight or wrong posture, your spine has to tolerate heavy pain. Injury to spinal cord makes it difficult for you to sit, stand or walk. Try yoga poses such as flexion, extension, side bend, rotation and axial extension to keep your spine healthy.
- Improves fertility– If you are women of reproductive age, but you are having problems in conceiving try yoga. Fertility yoga releases stress, balances hormones, increases ovulation, increases intimacy and sexual stamina. Also, it increases the blood supply to reproductive organs and improves fertility.
- Improves mood and make your happy- Attaining inner peace is key to happiness. Yoga practices such as Padmasana, Gomuskhasana, Dansana and Sucriandhrasana calms your mind.
- Weight loss- Struggling to lose weight and is tired of trying boring diet plans and sweating in the gym. Join a yoga class and in the guidance of a certified practitioner practice remedial yoga measure to lose weight.
- Makes you social- Yoga not only makes you mentally and physically active but also help you to strengthen your social circle. Join yoga classes with your nearby friends and practice yoga enjoying the company of your friends. Also, you will find that through regular practice you have developed compassion, greater equanimity and friendliness. Thus, yoga improves relationships.
- Flexibility- Men love flexible females, and it may be your choice too. Try yoga poses such as warrior pose, mountain pose and triangle pose to attain a flexible body. Also, these asanas will lower the level of blood sugar.
- Sexy butts- Regular yoga practice can help you achieve a sexy, round and hot butt. In just a few days you will witness the change.
- Improves the quality of sleep– Practicing specific yoga poses an hour before going to bed unwinds and relaxes your mind.
- Improves digestion- Junk, processed, spicy and sugary food causes indigestion. Yoga prevents the accumulation of fluids that cause bloating and indigestion. It promotes bowel movements and keeps your gut healthy.
- Makes your skin glow- when you are healthy your skin glows. Aasanas such as Padmasana, Adho Mukho Savasana, Sarvangasana and Dhanurasana can make your skin glow in just a few days.
- Improves memory and concentration– Padmasana yoga strengthens your focus, sharpens memory and increases concentration.
- Improves posture– Your head is balanced over your spine. When the balance is direct, less work is required by your back muscles and neck to support it. But when you move your head forward, your muscles are strained. Poor posture causes back pain, neck pain and joint muscle problems. To improve your posture practice yoga.
- Relieve the joint pain and prevents degenerative arthritis- Every time you practice the asanas your joints are moved through their range of motion. This squeezes the areas of cartilage that are generally not used. Joint cartilages receive nutrition. This prevents cartilage from wearing out and exposing the underlying bones.
- Drains lymph nodes– On contracting and stretching the muscles, organs move around and drainage of lymph increases. Your lymphatic system boosts, cancerous cells are destroyed, and toxic wastes are eliminated out of the body.
- Drops blood pressure- Research shows that Savasana drops the blood pressure. So if you are suffering from high BP try it out.
- Lowers the level of cortisol- High level of cortisol is linked with depression, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and osteoporosis. Yoga regulates adrenal glands and reduces the level of cortisol.
A healthy soul keeps mind and body healthy, and yoga purifies your soul. Ladies do not take your health guaranteed. Eat good, live active and practice yoga for your wellbeing because a healthy woman makes a healthy family.