We love Epsom salt as a natural treatment but it can also be helpful in reducing the discomfort that hemorrhoids can bring.
What are hemorrhoids?
Half the population in the US suffer from hemorrhoids at some time in their lives but when hemorrhoids are mild and in their early stages, they are easy to treat at home. If they are not treated, and become severe or chronic, then more drastic measures are needed.
Hemorrhoids are also known as “piles” because of their appearance. When the veins around the anus or around the rectum become swollen and inflamed, hemorrhoids can occur. If you are unsure whether you have hemorrhoids, and especially if there is bleeding, you should get a positive diagnosis from your medical practitioner. In the case of a clot forming in an external hemorrhoid, which can be extremely painful, your doctor would be able to carry out a simple and effective incision.
Treating Your Hemorrhoid Symptoms
Searching the Internet for a cure for hemorrhoids? A permanent solution may be difficult to find, but early treatment for hemorrhoids is necessary due to the pain and discomfort.
Although anyone can get hemorrhoids, usually those above the age of 50 are the more likely and therefore often seniors suffer from hemorrhoids. The condition has also been seen more among pregnant women.
Age and Hemorrhoids
According to statistics, more than 50% of all people over the age of 50 suffer from hemorrhoids and need hemorrhoid treatment.
Cure for Hemorrhoids Symptoms and Diet
Diet can play a role when it comes to a cure for hemorrhoids. Experts are of the opinion that one reason for the occurence of hemorrhoids is excessive straining for many years in an effort to pass stool. If the fiber content in the diet is higher, often the stool can be softened and this consequently helps reduce the strain while passing stool. Therefore, a fiber rich diet is important.
The Various Cures For Hemorrhoids Symptoms
Anyone suffering from the condition can opt for any one of the several cure for hemorrhoids options. Probably the best recommendation is to go for a natural treatment option. No matter how severe the symptoms and the discomfort, or how long you have had the hemorrhoids, natural treatments can often deal with the symptoms effectively and quickly. One natural treatment for hemorrhoids is made with pure natural essential oils and is applied topically to the condition. . H-Hemorrhoids Formula is an effective natural treatment for the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Natural products for hemorrhoids are effective for both internal and external hemorrhoids.
There are other treatment options too such as ‘rubber band ligation’ and surgery. Rubber band ligation is a process in which a band that is quite small is applied on the hemorrhoid base and this prevents the blood from flowing into it. This leads the hemorrhoid to dry up and consequently fall off.
Surgery is another treatment for hemorrhoids but it is usually advised only for those for whom all other hemorrhoid treatment options have failed.
Five Ways Epsom Salts Can Help with Hemorrhoids
- Epsom salt is rich in magnesium sulphate and regular epsom salt baths can help to reduce any magnesium deficiency. That same magnesium sulphate also acts as a laxative, dilating the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow.
- Epsom salt has detoxifying properties, helping to get rid of toxins and impurities. This can be achieved by taking a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a glass of water.
- Sitting in a warm and soothing Epsom salt bath helps both the anal and rectum muscles to relax, improving bowel movements. Add two cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak for at least twenty-minutes to get the full benefits.
- Another advantage of Epsom salt is that it can help to heal any cuts in the anus that releases blood into the stool.Those same Epsom salt baths will also help to soothe inflammation and relieve the hemorrhoid symptoms of irritation, itching and swelling.
- You can make a paste of Epsom salt with water and apply directly to the affected anal region.
Additional Information Regarding Epsom Salts
Epsom Salt is not regular table salt. They are very different. While Epsom salt can help to treat hemorrhoids, table salt could make them worse and irritate inflamed rectal veins. Hemorrhoids can often be prevented in the first place with good lifestyle choices including being well hydrated, sticking to a diet that is high in fresh fruit and vegetables – along with plenty of fiber. Our own H-Hemorrhoids Formula is a safe and gentle (as well as cost effective) natural way to shrink your hemorrhoids with established natural ingredients that work quickly and effectively to provide instant relief. The aim is to get rid of itching, stop any bleeding, relieve hemorrhoid pain, soothe inflammation and reduce swelling.