Landscaping contractors play a very important role in enhancing the beauty of the streets and houses’ exterior. They are responsible for creating beautiful gardens and flower beds that will decorate your yard.
When hiring a landscaping contractor, it should be taken into account that landscaping can be divided into different types.
- Landscape architects are responsible for the designs and ideas of large projects and business landscaping.
- If you want to change your landscape plan or start it from scratch then you should turn to a landscape designer. This is important because landscaping and exterior lighting when improperly used can create a safety hazard.
- Residential landscaping contractors usually work with homeowners to create garden areas and backyards. They are responsible for the implementation of ready-made landscaping plans.
These types of landscaping jobs require different skills and hardware and usually charge different rates. Most often when people ask how much to budget for landscaping they mean the last type of service.
Why is landscaping so expensive?
Many homeowners hire landscaping contractors to take care of their lawn and garden since it is hard to keep them up on your own. It can be difficult to learn which plants are good for your yard and which ones are not. But all this is only a small part of the work required. The main costs of landscaping contractors come from:
- Installing and cleaning the drainage and sprinkler systems;
- Determination of soil condition and adding of fertilizers;
- Plant pest and weed control;
- Preparing plants for winter and summer, pruning and replanting;
- Maintenance and repair of garden pathways and playgrounds.
Also, they can perform tasks that you may find difficult to do yourself like mowing grass lawn or clearing leaves. Landscaping contractor services are especially valuable for families with small children who have trouble maintaining their gardens and yards. Or you can always start your own when you find the right franchise consultant you can discuss the opportunity with.
How to estimate landscaping jobs?
The question of how much to charge for landscaping services can be easily answered if you know what type of services you are looking for. For instance, landscape design contractors can generally perform tasks like planting trees and building walkways at cheap prices. However, it usually requires a large deposit to pay for the materials when the creation of green areas starts.
When you are looking for a landscaping services company, you can expect to be charged according to the complexity of the job.
Many homeowners think that they can save money on landscaping by hiring contractors who will be able to handle all their works instead of landscape designers. In some cases, this can be a good idea but you better ensure that you contact the skillful contractor who knows exactly what to do. In order not to be mistaken with the skill level of the performer, use hiring marketplaces such as Fee4Bee.
If you are planning to employ landscape taskers, ask them how much time they will be spending on the project. Some contractors will charge you for every foot of work while others may charge you for the time they spend in your yard.
Any reputable contractor will honor a signed contract. The payment method and the list of works are usually detailed in the contract.
Landscaping your yard can be as difficult and costly as building a house. If not properly created and maintain, the yard can be flooded, soil subsided, or allergic-causing plants can be planted. To avoid problems in the future, it is worth taking this process seriously.