The slot is a video game where the reels spin with symbols of different themes and genres. Fruit, Sevens, Bells, BAR are the most frequent images. The history of slot machines will give you a full understanding of where they came from and who invented them.
The winnings on a slot machine come from combinations of the same symbols, the multiplication is calculated according to the winnings table. Slots are divided into two main types – the virtual ones for playing online, on a device through the internet and the real physical machines in enclosures located in land-based casinos.
The most common game model is 3D slots. They are distinguished from the rest by their modern graphics with lots of paylines, unique design and plenty of prize features.
The essence and meaning of the game on all kinds of slots are to choose the bet and the number of paylines by pressing the “Spin” button, with regular repetition of pressing and catching winning combinations. Bonus games and free spins are very popular with players, they are a big part of the excitement of the game because credits are not wasted and the winnings can be multiplied many times. Playing slots is easy and simple, you just need to click and test the slot demo version, see the payout table and only then start playing for money.
How slots games are played
Each slot has a paytable, a special table in which you can see how much money you’ll win when a certain combination comes up. The controls allow you to adjust your bet for each spin, select the number of lines (not available in all slots) and also enable or disable sound. Apart from this, you also have the option to play the game automatically or spin it yourself. To enable autospin you have to choose the number of spins and press “Start” after which the reels will spin themselves. In the standard mode, you have to press the “Spin” button every time to start a new round.
There are a few basic properties of slots
All slot developers are guided by a mathematical model where the game has to return a certain percentage of the bet. However, this is not the only criterion that goes into designing a slot. There are only a few features in total:
- Easy to play. The developers strive to make the slot’s game interface as simple as possible. This makes it easy for the user to understand the controls
- Have a different RTP. Each slot is unique in its mathematical model and has its percentage of theoretical player return
- Have different volatility. There are slots with high volatility and low volatility. The best high volatility slots will bring you infrequent but larger winnings. The best low volatility games bring you frequent but smaller winnings
- Available on different devices. Today, the vast majority of developers create games that are supported on all modern devices. Whether it’s a laptop, PC, tablet or mobile phone, you’ll always be able to run your favourite content
- The different number of paylines. Slots differ from each other in the number of paylines. The number of paylines depends directly on the imagination of the developer. There can be classic 3 or 9 paylines slots, or Megaways with 1000+ paylines
- Many interesting features. Every slot contains a unique bonus game. There are some unique and beautifully designed bonus games, so much so that it can be difficult for the user to tell the difference between them and arcade games. Their only difference, however, is that in the slots you’ll be rewarded during the prize features.
The best slot for a beginner to play: Editorial’s choice
The Dead or Alive slot game is a 5-reel, 9-payline slot game that is available for play at many online casinos. The game was created by NetEnt and offers players the chance to win big prizes with its max jackpot of more than €200,000 per spin!
Players can choose to wager between 1 and 10 credits per spin and have the option of playing on 9 different lines. The Wild symbol appears randomly on the reels and substitutes for all other symbols except for scatter symbols.