Macaroni in creamy tomato sauce is prepared in Indian spices makes a delicious one pot meal for any time. This is very quick and easy meal to make.
Macaroni often kindles memories of childhood Sunday Breakfasts at parents home. Tangy Indian style Macaroni in Tomato Sauce is not something to forget ever when tasted or eaten.
It is better to make two types, one Vegetarian and the other mostly with Eggs. While for vegetarian, it is a great feast with garlic flavoured and topped with lot of cheese. It is one of the enjoyable feast when you have late night sleepover talks going on. As somebody said, tastes change with changing times, or rather new things replace old, this recipe is an exception and can not be forgotten.
Macaroni in Tomato Sauce can be devised as a simple quick dish with tomato sauce for any school going student which they will definitely love to eat during their recess. Macaroni in Tomato Sauce is made in Indian Style with the spice level increased, one would never guess that it was supposed to be bland. This makes a perfect meal when you quickly want to make something for yourself for lunch.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time40 min
- Yield4 Plates
- Serving Size100 g
- Energy225 cal
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 1 big Onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce / Tomatoes – 2 medium
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cheese
- Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Boil a large pan of water and add the macaroni to it.
- When it starts boiling, add few drops of oil to prevent the macaroni from sticking together.
- Cook on high, it takes about 7 to 10 mins to get soft macaroni.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- You can again add few drops of oil.
- Heat a pan with oil, add finely chopped onions, sauté till its done.
- If you are adding Tomato Sauce, add and allow it to cook till it gets done.
- If you are using tomatoes chunks, ensure the tomatoes turn to mush and gets cooked well.
- At this stage add the salt, chilli powder and combine well.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Combine everything well.
- Add the pepper powder and mix.
- Finally, garnish with grated cheese and coriander.
- The cheese normally melts due to the heat, else micro it for a minute.
- If you are using Tomatoes, add a pinch of sugar.
- Add pepper just before switching it off.
- Since we are adding both chilli powder and pepper powder, use as per taste.
- 4 servings per container
- Serving Size100 g
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat23 g29.49%
- Saturated Fat0 g0%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg0%
- Sodium223 mg9.7%
- Total Carbohydrate127 g46.18%
- Dietary Fiber23 g82.14%
- Total Sugars12 g
- Protein22 g44%
- Calcium9 mg0.69%
- Iron12 mg66.67%
- Vitamin A0.3 mcg0.03%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0.2 mg0.22%
- Magnesium0.4 mg0.1%