Gobi Manchurian Recipe is one of the best Vegetarian starter recipe in the subcontinents of South Asia. It is known for its best taste and easy to make procedure. Recipe for Gobi Manchurian is an exceptional Indo-Chinese dish in which Cauliflower nuggets are cooked in rich and spicy sauce with some Bell peppers, Spring onions, Onions and Garlic. It is served as appetizer which does not need any accompany to fulfil the appetite.
The dish is also known as Cauliflower Manchurian because Cauliflower is called Gobi in Hindi. It can be prepared in two different ways. Both the preparations are real treats for our taste buds. Gobi Manchurian Dry is served as a starter or appetizer and Gobi Manchurian with Gravy is served as a side with Fried rice or Hakka noodles.
Gobi Manchurian Dry recipe is the one that has been shared here. It is a fabulous combination of crispy Gobi in spicy thick sauce which makes it famous all over the nation. The appetizer is a huge hit in street stalls, hotels, restaurants, line hotels etc. There is always a separate menu for vegetarians in all parties and Gobi Manchurian gets the first preference to be a starter in most of the places.
Cauliflower has its own qualities to have it as a regular in our diet. They are :-
It is a good source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is full of fibre which is good for our digestive system. It contains antioxidants which helps to get rid of many chronic diseases. Cauliflowers have low calories and can be great friend during the journey for weight loss. It is a good source of sulforaphane which decreases the risk of heart diseases and diabetes.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield3 Plates
- Serving Size120 g
- Energy432 cal
- FOR BATTER
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- ½ teaspoon red Chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon grounded Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- FOR COOKING
- 1 medium Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of Spring Onions, sliced
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ½ orange Bell Pepper, medium diced
- 1 green Chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Take all-purpose Flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add Cornflour into it.
- Add Salt to taste.
- Add red Chilli powder into the bowl.
- Then add Black Pepper powder into it and give a nice mix.
- Add little water at a time and mix it.
- Make a smooth batter.
- Add Cauliflower florets into the batter and coat it nicely.
- At the same time, put a pan on Stove and add Oil to fry the Cauliflower.
- Once the Oil is hot, add the coated florets of Cauliflower and fry them in medium flame.
- After 2-3 minutes turn them with the help of a turner.
- Fry them evenly till golden brown.
- Transfer the fried Cauliflowers on a tissue lined plate.
- Take the excess oil out of the pan or add 1 ½ tablespoons of oil into a different pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add Garlic into the pan and fry them till golden.
- Add Onions and sauté in high flame for 2-3 minutes till it has becomes translucent.
- Add Ginger paste and mix it well.
- Cook it in medium flame until the raw smell goes away.
- Add solid parts of the Spring Onions into the pan and give a mix.
- Cook it in high flame for a minute. Stir frequently.
- Add Bell Peppers, green Chillies and mix it well.
- Add Salt into the pan and give a nice mix.
- Cook it in medium high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add Vinegar, Soya sauce and mix it properly.
- Add Chilli sauce, tomato sauce and mix it nicely.
- Cook it in low flame for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower fried nuggets and toss it until they get coated with the sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle some crushed black Pepper and green parts of spring onions into the pan.
- Give a nice mix and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the Gobi- Manchurian recipe on a serving plate.
- Garnish with some chopped Spring Onions.
- Serve hot or warm to enjoy the best taste and acts as snack or appetizer.
Many people blanch the cauliflower florets before frying. If you have fresh and tender Cauliflowers then you can directly fry them by dipping in the batter. For the Cauliflower Manchurian masala, use both Onions and Spring Onions. It gives the best flavour to the dish. First fry the chopped garlic and then add the onions, ginger paste and green onions, one by one. You may use orange bell peppers for the recipe, or use whichever you like. It can be green, red or yellow, does not matter.
- 3 servings per container
- Serving Size120 g
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat8 g10.26%
- Saturated Fat0 g0%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol12 mg4%
- Sodium323 mg14.04%
- Total Carbohydrate11 g4%
- Dietary Fiber5 g17.86%
- Total Sugars4 g
- Protein14 g28%
- Calcium5.7 mg0.44%
- Iron3.2 mg17.78%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)2.3 mg2.56%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)1.5 mcg62.5%