How to send a certified letter when you have got something important and secure that you need to send, and that requires confirmation of receipt?
Sending Certified mail will ensure that the important mail, including legal or confidential documents, reach their intended destination. Follow the article which is a guide to send Certified Mail from local post office or online.
Methods : How to Send a Certified Letter
- Post Office
- Mail Online
Method 1: How to Send a Certified Letter from Post Office
- Go to a local post office to post a Certified Mail.
- The clerk after weighing the mail will tell you the charges.
- Then, a bar coded sticker will be issued which will allow you to track mail through the post.
- The ticket sticker also contains a perforated receipt to serve as proof that you posted the item.
- It has all the required information, including the recipient’s name and address.
- Remove the backing of the sticker and place the sticker along the top edge of the envelope, to the right of the address area.
- Ensure to leave some space near the edges so that the ticket does not get soiled.
- The sticker can be placed to the left of the address area on a mail package.
- Pay the appropriate postage for the mail delivery. you have to pay extra for the certified mail.
- Priority mail service is costlier as it provides timely and fast delivery, generally within two to three days.
- Registered delivery service guarantees that a specified person receives and signs for the certified mail.
- If you select the above option of delivery, you are required to put the sign on the certified mail that it is marked for this service by properly mentioning “Registered”.
- Determine receipt service. Choose whether or not you wish to pay for return receipt service, called A.D., Acknowledgement Due, which offers you with a receipt that provides the certified mail recipient’s signature.
- You can choose to get this receipt via e-mail, with a PDF image of the signature included, or by physical delivery of the receipt via mail.
- As with the restricted delivery service, you are required to pay and mention it on the envelop about this service.
- Keep records. You must keep the stamped receipt with the mailing date. A unique number to mailing offers you to confirm the mail delivery online.
- Keep all documentation for the mailing safe till delivery.
- View the delivery information online at the postal service’s Web site. The certified mail can be checked to see when and to whom was delivered. The recipient must sign for the mail on delivery. Post office keeps a record of this signature.
Method 2 : How to Send a Certified Letter Online
- Sign up for a free account. There are many web businesses that provide USPS Certified Mail delivery.
- You do not have to pay monthly fees for an account.
- Look at the price for sending Certified Mail.
- Ensure that the service provides next-day USPS tracking for the letter.
- Check and ensure that the service offers proof of mailing and USPS proof of delivery.
- Prepare the letter for the posting.
- Write a letter in word processing program. Print and sign it if required.
- Scan the document using a scanner.
- For future use, you must save the scanned document on hard drive.
- Ensure the document is easy to read.
- Upload document file on the website of mailing service.
- The service will automatically address, print and post the mail on the same business day.
- Keep a copy as proof of mailing and USPS proof of delivery.