How to Become a Cisco Certified Network Professional?
Are you an IT engineer looking to grow your career and add a new skill to your resume? Take advantage of the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification to grow your professional skills and experience.
A large number of organisations are taking their business processes online to reduce the dependency on manual interaction and cut down on their margin of error. This has created a huge opportunity for IT professionals in the networking and development space. Getting a CCNP certification develops your skills when it comes to planning, implementing, verifying, and troubleshooting local and wide-area enterprise networks. It also increases your credibility as a Cisco product expert and makes you stand out among your peers.
What Is CCNP?
Cisco Systems Inc is a globally renowned company that develops and creates network hardware, software and telecommunication equipment for businesses around the world. To ensure that IT professionals have the skills and the knowledge to work with these products and also solve technical problems that customers might have, Cisco offers multi-level certifications called CCNP certifications.
There are 5 certification levels and CCNP courses –
1. Entry level
2. Associate level
3. Professional level
4. Expert level
5. Architect level
The Role of a CCNP
A CCNP is responsible for the planning, implementation, verification and troubleshooting of Cisco-based networks and products. After getting certified, CCNPs specialise in one or the other application that Cisco offers. There are different types of CCNP applications and hence, different types of certifications.
Types of CCNP Certifications:
There are different certifications and paths you can choose when you decide to get a CCNP certification. The Cisco career program has created multiple specialisationsfor IT and networking professionals to choose from.
1. CCNP Routing and Switching: This certification enables you to plan, implement, verify, and implement local and wide area networks. It also equips you with the skills to work with specialists in advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions. With a CCNP certification in Routing and Switching, you are qualified to apply for roles like Network Engineer, Support Engineer, Systems Engineer, and Network Technician.
2. CCNP Cloud: This certification gives you the skills needed to design, automate and manage Cloud and IaaS-based deployments. It prepares you for roles such as Cloud Engineer, Cloud Administrator, Cloud Designer, and Data Centre Architect.
3. CCNP Security: This certification equips you to secure routers, switches, networking devices and appliances. It also gives you the required skills to deploy, support and troubleshoot VPNs, Firewalls, and IDS/ IPS solutions. The CCNP Security certification is designed specifically for the Cisco Network Security Engineer role.
4. CCNP Collaboration: This certification has been designed for network engineers who wish to develop advanced skills in collaboration like designing, deploying and configuring Cisco Collaboration and Unified Communications Applications.
5. CCNP Service Provider: This certification is useful for those looking to deliver infrastructures that are capable of rapid expansion. It certifies professionals to support new managed services and keep a check on customer requirements. This course is highly recommended for Service Provider Network Engineers, System Engineers, and Network Specialists.
6. CCNP Wireless: This certification displays your skills when it comes to Cisco wireless networks, in terms of designing, implementing and securing them. It helps you enhance business output by converting network business requirements into technical specifications.
7. CCNP Data Centre: This certification gives you skills that focus on data centre solutions and explain the best practices and technology used for implementing and managing a modern data centre infrastructure.
Prerequisites for a CCNP certification
To pursue a CCNP certification, candidates must have a completed cicso course for CCNA certification. This is a must for all types of CCNP certifications; certain certifications also have other requirements such as a background and basic knowledge of IP networking. Be sure to check for all prerequisites before starting or applying for a specific certification.
- Design and build server infrastructure solutions
- Deploying desktops and monitoring their security and performance
- Create a private cloud solution
- Deploy and maintain enterprise-level cloud infrastructures
- Manage enterprise devices and apps
- Design business intelligence solutions for an enterprise environment
Getting Your CCNP Certification
To prepare for the certification, you need to find an online program that suits your needs. You can choose a course that gives you one-on-one sessions that is flexible and matches your schedule. Koenig lets you start your training at a date of your choice for 4-8 hour slots on weekdays or weekends. All courses come with a Guaranteed Exam Passing Assistance and a money-back guarantee, making it the ideal online training program for your CCNA certification.
Benefits of a CCNP Certification
A CCNP certification practically guarantees you a higher salary and new avenues in your career, which includes promising job roles in good organisations. It also helps improve your professional skills and climb higher up the ladder of your career. There is no better time than right now, to enroll in a CCNP certification program.